• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Cymru

markymark2000

On Moderation
Staegecoach do it straight away! This is a great contrast to the huge increases implemented by Stagecoach South Wales!
Stagecoach South Wales charge £10 if you forget to tap off though, First charge you the maximum fare to the end of the route and this counts towards your caps as well (Stagecoach apparently (according to drivers) it doesn't count towards daily or weekly caps so it can add up if you forget to tap off)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Markdvdman

I meant Stagecoach take the fare out of your bank straight away. Perhaps the way First do it is better! I would not forget to tap off - at least whilst I have my faculties!!! Oh Staecoach whacked their fares up over 20% recently and seen a lot of people complain more expensive than trains now - they have been for a while! Valleys Lines Trains that is!

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Well ticket prices have been overhauled as have zones. (Not the T1 and Pembrokeshire routes). Single journeys capped at £3. You could go from Cardiff to Swansea for £3 single (though would take a while!). Day tickets go up to £6 BUT that is across the 'zones' too. Pushin tap on, tap off it does work but it takes 10p off your bank account and the £3 2 working days later! Staegecoach do it straight away! This is a great contrast to the huge increases implemented by Stagecoach South Wales!
Interesting because First Potteries and First West Yorkshire are both 'instant' for the fare deduction. I don't know exactly how 'instant' because I don't check while actually travelling but it is certainly the same day for deductions from my current account 'available balance', the 'cleared balance' takes a little longer.

Interesting because First Potteries and First West Yorkshire are both 'instant' for the fare deduction. I don't know exactly how 'instant' because I don't check while actually travelling but it is certainly the same day for deductions from my current account 'available balance', the 'cleared balance' takes a little longer.
4am each night for First England OpCos