• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Eastern Counties

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Why's 32490 transferring to Norwich?
32490 (Ipswich ALX400) was collected from Ipswich on Wednesday and brought back to Vulcan Road (Norwich) for storage. 35925 (new Ipswich StreetDeck) was dropped off by the same driver.

My understanding is that the ALX400s being withdrawn from service in Ipswich and brought to Norwich for storage. Based upon discussions in the local FEC Bus Blog Facebook group, there is a vehicle shortage at Norwich so they’re using them whilst they can.

RuddA

32490 (Ipswich ALX400) was collected from Ipswich on Wednesday and brought back to Vulcan Road (Norwich) for storage. 35925 (new Ipswich StreetDeck) was dropped off by the same driver.

My understanding is that the ALX400s being withdrawn from service in Ipswich and brought to Norwich for storage. Based upon discussions in the local FEC Bus Blog Facebook group, there is a vehicle shortage at Norwich so they’re using them whilst they can.
I believe I saw 32490 (numberplate ended with HKH) on the Norwich 11 service in Sprowston this morning.

Busfan98

There are now 3 streetdecks painted up for orange line. Definitely seems to be the end of the Tridents, only 33159 is out today according to bustimes.org. gonna be sad to see them go :( think the purple line ones are not far behind. Not sure bout the Network Norwich liveried B7tls.

83G/84D

Established Member
Any E400MMC’s in service? I heard some ex Bournemouth examples were being readied.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
35916 is being prepared for service tonight in Ipswich and will be the 12th StreetDeck to go into service.
35916 is delivered but still to enter service.
35917 entered service Saturday
35918 entered service Thursday
35919 still to be delivered
35920 still to be delivered
35926 still to be delivered.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
35916 is delivered but still to enter service.
35917 entered service Saturday
35918 entered service Thursday
35919 still to be delivered
35920 still to be delivered
35926 still to be delivered.

Latest update of outstanding vehicles.

35916 still not entered service despite being delivered a week and a half ago now
35919 delivered yesterday and preparing to enter service
35920 due any day
25926 still to be delivered

stuart81

Latest update of outstanding vehicles.

35916 still not entered service despite being delivered a week and a half ago now

35919 delivered yesterday and preparing to enter service

35920 due any day

25926 still to be delivered

Believe 35916 has been returned to Wright Bus, reason unknown

F Great Eastern

Established Member
35919 now in service and with Pride livery elements inside and out

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buses...tolist-2of4Lmq-2oeZGYR-2oeZGL6-2odXMEA-3Uxz75

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buses...tolist-2of4Lmq-2oeZGYR-2oeZGL6-2odXMEA-3Uxz75

35920/35926 still outstanding.

32476 now withdrawn meaning we're down to last 6 ALX400s.

Update Tuesday 7th February
- 35916 now in service meaning 15 out of 17 StreetDecks are now in service.
- 35920/35926 are still outstanding.

Update Saturday 11th February
- 35926 has entered service today meaning 16 out of 17 StreetDecks are now in service.
- 35920 is the last StreetDeck outstanding.
- 32491 withdrawn so we're down to 5 ALX400s now.

Last edited:

Busfan98

As of the 20th of march, all the Dennis Tridents have officially been withdrawn. Truly an end of an era.

Simon75

On Moderation
Are the new double deckers low height , as I believe Ipswich garage has a low beam ?

83G/84D

Established Member
I have seen six of the remaining Volvo/Presidents in Norwich this afternoon and elderly Gemini 32333.
Didn’t expect to see so many to be honest so a nice surprise.

Looks like I was too late for the Tridents.

Update for Friday 24th March:-

A Trevor Wigleys wrecker seen leaving Ipswich just before 11am with an unknown Volvo B7RLE on tow. I was driving in the opposite direction and couldn’t identify it.

Last edited:

RuddA

First Norwich Electric bus at Castle Meadow just now. First one I have seen, only just being delivered?

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 131

Pit_buzzer

First Norwich Electric bus at Castle Meadow just now. First one I have seen, only just being delivered?
Very interesting, exactly the same as the new deliveries to York. So this seems to confirm stories of a new national livery for first.

MasterSpenny

Very interesting, exactly the same as the new deliveries to York. So this seems to confirm stories of a new national livery for first.
Genuinely thought these would actually be silver colour as stated in the below link. Does anybody know what fleet numbers they are excepted to carry?

This vehicle BK73AEV is a Silver WRIGHTBUS STREETDECK ELECTROLINER​

BVW

Genuinely thought these would actually be silver colour as stated in the below link. Does anybody know what fleet numbers they are excepted to carry?
The 59 Streetdeck Electroliners due for Norwich will be 36530-88, while the eleven GB Kite single-deckers are scheduled as 65635-45.

buslad1988

Whilst being a very smart livery do we assume that’s the end of the colour coding then or will there still be some additional minor route branding applied?

The ‘Network Norwich’ name is still evident in the livery - and indeed has become well established over the past 10+ years. It would be a shame for the colour coding to exist in publicity form only and to lose all aspects of it from the vehicles. First have done a good job in Norwich with internal cove panels etc.

And whilst probably too early to say; do we have any ideas what’ll be cascaded? Assuming a revitalised Coastal Reds fleet and maybe some Streetlites to Ipswich to oust more Eclipses?

JD2168

I don’t believe they’re in revenue service as yet.
The ones in York ran for a few weeks before revenue earning so the drivers were type trained on them.

Whilst being a very smart livery do we assume that’s the end of the colour coding then or will there still be some additional minor route branding applied?

The ‘Network Norwich’ name is still evident in the livery - and indeed has become well established over the past 10+ years. It would be a shame for the colour coding to exist in publicity form only and to lose all aspects of it from the vehicles. First have done a good job in Norwich with internal cove panels etc.

And whilst probably too early to say; do we have any ideas what’ll be cascaded? Assuming a revitalised Coastal Reds fleet and maybe some Streetlites to Ipswich to oust more Eclipses?
It will probably see off some of the remaining B7TL Gemini’s for the doubles & the oldest singles first, some of which I believe are on 05 plates.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Colours seem to mean very little in Norwich any more. It feels like an anything goes on any route now.

In practical terms a bus is a bus… but weakens the strength of the branding.

borage

I believe the Norwich Electroliners have colour destination displays for this purpose