• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SarahDFIG

an certain old dear has been repainted which I am shocked to see. 33120!!!

She does look good though. I don't understand how this has survived tbh

route101

Established Member
During the week theirs a early morning 31 goes to ek mostly a e400 which goes on to a 6 then theirs some that does a 31 then a 18 back down the 1 a cant understand is a Saturday morning 7a empty from caly to old larkfield depot at gates runs to st enoch only a few stops then empty again to start a 38

Unless the E400MMC was taken off the 31 to go on 38 for the reason it shouldn't be on the 31 .

route101

Established Member
new timetables on traveline

service 2 withdrawn between Bailleston and Airdrie/ Maxim park

service 4/4a now operates every 15mins between Broomhill and Clarkston with a 30min frequency to Newton Mearns/Eaglesham

service 266 will still operate to Shotts but now on a 15 minute frequency

Is that the 4s to Muirend taken out ?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Bizarre! Any photos?

Looks fantastic imo, the livery works really well on the President.

qP8kNuZ.jpg

Photo taken from Facebook ©Jack Bruce, if the original owner wants it removed PM me.

duffers2324

Agreed seen her proudly standing between 2 B7RLE's i believe during the recent GVVT and First celebration of 125 years of corporation transport in Glasgow during the visit to Cally.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Looks fantastic imo, the livery works really well on the President.

qP8kNuZ.jpg

Photo taken from Facebook ©Jack Bruce, if the original owner wants it removed PM me.

The presidents do suit the new colours massively I must admit. Makes them look very tidy. Wonder how long she’ll be around for.

SarahDFIG

The presidents do suit the new colours massively I must admit. Makes them look very tidy. Wonder how long she’ll be around for.
no date set for this vehicle for leaving the fleet and I am still confused it's remaining as I was told weeks back it would be away this year but as we all know things change. no doubt next round of LEZ will see this off and possibly to another depot I guess

Jordan Adam

Established Member
no date set for this vehicle for leaving the fleet and I am still confused it's remaining as I was told weeks back it would be away this year but as we all know things change. no doubt next round of LEZ will see this off and possibly to another depot I guess

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets retained in the fleet for Non-PSV use.

route101

Established Member
On the trident right now on a 31 , bloody roasting. I took a picture but my phone deleted it strangely

Jordan Adam

Established Member
On the trident right now on a 31 , bloody roasting. I took a picture but my phone deleted it strangely

What do you expect, it's an old Trident :p.

Jokes aside most buses are roasting hot this time of year. The only buses locally i find that manage to stay cool are the Renowns and E200MMCs.

alangla

The E500s used to be nice. Unless you got one with knackered aircon, when it wasn’t. Are there still some B9s with aircon upstairs?

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
The E500s used to be nice. Unless you got one with knackered aircon, when it wasn’t. Are there still some B9s with aircon upstairs?

The 57, 08 and 58 plate B9s had air con but no windows that opened upstairs The got windows that physically opened installed not that long ago, so I;m ot to sure if at that point the air con was disabled.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Yeah I remember getting double decker 1Cs and absolutely dreading it because it was always heat that came out of them even when it was warm outside anyway

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Forgot to mention the E500's now stay very cool too thanks to the hopper windows. Despite there only being 4 on each deck the airflow around the bus from them is good.

route101

Established Member
The 57, 08 and 58 plate B9s had air con but no windows that opened upstairs The got windows that physically opened installed not that long ago, so I;m ot to sure if at that point the air con was disabled.

They were a nightmare .

awsnews

Was this the last bus that wore the Barbie colours?
There are at least 3 Volvos at Dumbarton still in Barbie livery including recently arrived 61653 which managed a stint on the 1C this morning. Quite a few loans, possibly transfers, to Dumbarton over the last month.

Bus Lightyear

There are at least 3 Volvos at Dumbarton still in Barbie livery including recently arrived 61653 which managed a stint on the 1C this morning. Quite a few loans, possibly transfers, to Dumbarton over the last month.
I think it's possible Dumbarton will soon receive Volvo B7rles to replace the remaining B10bles.

route101

Established Member

Seen one today , only 2 windows on each side of upper deck open

PaulMc7

Established Member
Every single bus I was on today was absolutely boiling. First definitely don't make it easy to travel around in this heat lol

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Every single bus I was on today was absolutely boiling. First definitely don't make it easy to travel around in this heat lol

Sadly it's probably the same at most operators the past few days, this sort of weather (heat) is not normal here.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Sadly it's probably the same at most operators the past few days, this sort of weather (heat) is not normal here.

Yeah it's been a very nice summer so far for the weather. Will only get warmer with global warming too which will make traveling a nightmare

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Yeah it's been a very nice summer so far for the weather. Will only get warmer with global warming too which will make traveling a nightmare

I think this is something to be looked at over time. Global Warming is an important issue and it’s hard to ignore that it can become extremely hot during the summer so our transport systems need to be able to accommodate that idea. It’s only going to get hotter.

Air Con needs to be a standard spec on buses from now on I would say.