• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

LT02 NVV

These decker's had hardly any seating downstairs.
Yeah, mostly on the T(& a few V)-Reg Plated ones. Even the latter ones had the problem too; one bus I recall had a wheelchair space that was quite big, but I think that this was because most buses in London needed to have a lot more standing spaces as London is a really busy place, with many people standing more.

Evening buses can be busy on sunny summer nights. Every 30 minutes service, sometimes is not adequate.

I noticed the B7TLs President bodied(?) have moved to Caley. Was out today, filming causing buses to run in pairs.
Yes, 32300, 32303/4 have moved to Caledonia, and 32301 and 32305 have moved to Dumbarton. I think maybe 32302 is scrapped now or is moving somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
According to Bustimes.org, both 32301 and 32305 are both on 1Cs just now. I'm surprised older buses cope well with the expressway given that some of the E300s don't always seem good on it from experience.

LT02 NVV

According to Bustimes.org, both 32301 and 32305 are both on 1Cs just now. I'm surprised older buses cope well with the expressway given that some of the E300s don't always seem good on it from experience.
Yeah, they have appeared on both the 1C & 1D, and once on the 206.

It definitely feels like the capacity increase came at the right time here. Already seen a few buses full even with the increase and others very close to it.

My 1C earlier up to Drumchapel was pretty close to being full as a single decker and my 6A to Anniesland and 6 from there were also the same.

Hopefully it's a sign that once we get on another month or two, buses will be busy enough to be sustainable if funding lowers.
I think that’s maybe the reason why 32301 (LK03 NHA) & 32305 (LK03 NHE) moved to Dumbarton then.

In terms of moquette, all would have been delivered in what I think you describe as green leaf.... greenish areas with a pattern of green and purple dashes bordered by dark purple bands. This was the original First interior. If they were refurbished in the late 2000s, they would have received the lilac (that faded badly). Some got more indepth refurbs on leaving London than others.

As regards the B7Ls, the enthusiast in me did like them but for passengers, they were awful. Bad seats, engine noise etc. Not much good for First as they were very poor on fuel. Most people won't mourn them.
Guess I am kinda in the minority of missing them then.

Last edited:

Busman84

Yeah, mostly on the T(& a few V)-Reg Plated ones, even the latter ones had the problem too, one bus I recall had a wheelchair space that was quite big, but I think that this was because most buses in London needing to have a lot more standing spaces as London is a really busy place in terms with buses, with many people standing more.

Yes, 32300, 32303/4 have moved to Cally, and 32301 and 32305 have moved to Dumbarton. I think maybe 32302 is scrapped now or is moving somewhere else.
The buses refurbished at Rotherham had a large wheelchair area. These were refurbished incorrectly and resulted in the wheelchair area remaining in its London spec location (behind the stairs). These buses should not have been accepted after refurb as the driver could not see anything in the wheelchair area, so they could not see if a pram was there or not. In London, CCTV showed that area and with ALX400s there had been the option of changing to different cameras. This function did not work when they arrived in Glasgow.

32301 and 32305 are only temporary to Dumbarton. 32576 is also in Dumbarton while some of their buses are in for repaint.

LT02 NVV

32301 and 32305 are only temporary to Dumbarton. 32576 is also in Dumbarton while some of their buses are in for repaint.
Oh, that’s neat I guess, but I do think that Dumbarton is a good place for them, though. They probably will return back to either Caley, which is most likely, or maybe Scoutston, who knows.

Prior to the QEUH opening it’s odd to think that the 77 was the 747 and was a much less frequent service. It used B7TLs and they’d full to the brim.
I remember back in 2011-2013 when the 747 had mostly 66 (Now 6) branded E400s, Wright Eclipse Gemini B7TLs, and Wright Eclipse Urban B7RLEs buses on the route.

The buses refurbished at Rotherham had a large wheelchair area. These were refurbished incorrectly and resulted in the wheelchair area remaining in its London spec location (behind the stairs). These buses should not have been accepted after refurb as the driver could not see anything in the wheelchair area, so they could not see if a pram was there or not. In London, CCTV showed that area and with ALX400s there had been the option of changing to different cameras. This function did not work when they arrived in Glasgow.
Thanks for the explanation. The whole reason I asked was because I remember back in 2018 or 2019 when 33138 LT02 ZFK moved to Glasgow, I was on it on the route 60, and I wondered why the wheelchair space was so large.

LT02 NVV

Certain journeys, but otherwise it’s a Dumbarton route.
The 1C has a morning service normally operated by the Scotstoun depot. It’s normally the 07:33 service and is operated either by a Scotstoun owned Gemini, E400, or Eclipse Urban, that would head to the town. Most of the time this bus becomes a 6A service at 08:16 that sometimes runs on the service all day, or heads back to Scotstoun and comes a 2 later in the evening (which has started to happen a lot in 2021). I think since 2020, the service is sometimes run by a Dumbarton owned bus that heads back to the Dumbarton depot afterwords.

Also, the last few services of the night on both the 1C and 1D are operated by a Scotstoun bus which comes off the 6A as well.

LT02 NVV

Seat-belted Volvo Olympians appeared on the 206 from time to time when Dumbarton had a allocation of them, primarily for school work (linked image from the MSE062 Flickr collection). B9s appearing on it, while odd in the route's day-to-day operations, is hardly a new thing.

And the other major operators in the area over the years (McColl's, McGill's etc) have all used deckers on routes that passed through the town: McGill's with the 204X and McColl's with their local services in competition with First.
Recently, one of the Presidents and the one B7 Gemini that have been on loan to Dumbarton, have appeared on the 206 at least once.

Also, 32305 is back at Scotsoun from Dumbarton, and has been swapped out for Cally owned 32300.

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
Does anyone know if the app will ever be fixed and if the timetables that are still wrong from the changes on the 9th will be updated?

2, 3, X4, 6 and 6A are all wrong from what I've noticed but I'm not sure if there are others that are wrong too.

I'd imagine with the current Covid situation too that services will remain the same for a while unless something drastic happens so it would be good to be able to track everything properly.

route101

Established Member
Does anyone know if the app will ever be fixed and if the timetables that are still wrong from the changes on the 9th will be updated?

2, 3, X4, 6 and 6A are all wrong from what I've noticed but I'm not sure if there are others that are wrong too.

I'd imagine with the current Covid situation too that services will remain the same for a while unless something drastic happens so it would be good to be able to track everything properly.
What is wrong with the first bus app?

GALLANTON

You can still track the position of buses on the app.

PaulMc7

Established Member
What is wrong with the first bus app?
There have been loads of issues with it this month to be fair. Even when I click on the map a lot of buses don't track. They must have done something this morning to it though because it's been slightly better today but whether the timetables that are wrong will be fixed is another matter.

For the past 3 weeks I've also noticed that a big chunk of times disappear a lot too. There can be 45/50 mins of buses missing when I've looked. That's another thing that's been fine today but whether it stays fine is another matter.

Arriva Fan

There's been loads of issues with it this month to be fair. Even when I click on the map a lot of buses don't track. They must have done something this morning to it though because it's been slightly better today but whether the timetables that are wrong will be fixed is another matter.

For the past 3 weeks I've also noticed that a big chunk of times disappear a lot too. There can be 45/50 mins of buses missing when I've looked. That's another thing that's been fine today but whether it stays fine is another matter.
If there are problems (I'm not aware, I don't really use it) they probably won't be apparent today.

No Sunday Services were altered, so Timetables should all be correct on the app today.

PaulMc7

Established Member
If there are problems (I'm not aware, I don't really use it) they probably won't be apparent today.

No Sunday Services were altered, so Timetables should all be correct on the app today.
I've had issues with the app for the last 2/3 Sundays to be fair. This is the first fairly okay one since the 1st.

LT02 NVV

Recently, one of the Presidents and the one B7 Gemini that have been on loan to Dumbarton, have appeared on the 206 at least once.

Also, 32305 is back at Scotsoun from Dumbarton, and has been swapped out for Cally owned 32300.
So, 32305 is back at Dumbarton again with both 32300/301 again.

PaulMc7

Established Member
So, 32305 is back at Dumbarton again with both 32300/301 again.
I got one of them on the 1C on Saturday into the City Centre. I'm not sure which of the 3. I also seen the other 2 on the 1D too. They're still surprisingly good from a passenger point of view even in terms of comfort.

LT02 NVV

I got one of them on the 1C on Saturday into the City Centre. I'm not sure which of the 3. I also seen the other 2 on the 1D too. They're still surprisingly good from a passenger point of view even in terms of comfort.
If it had the new livery, then it was 32305, the others have the 2012 livery.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Are there service issues currently at Blantyre?

The lack of 18s over the last few days has been nothing short of shocking in the evening.

Last night it was over an hour wait for an 18 out to East Kilbride until a driver from Caledonia had said buses have been getting pulled in the evening.

route101

Established Member

The lack of 18s over the last few days has been nothing short of shocking in the evening.

Last night it was over an hour wait for an 18 out to East Kilbride until a driver from Caledonia had said buses have been getting pulled in the evening.
18 usually runs well for me. Was this late evening or peak time?

PaulMc7

Established Member
There was only two buses on the 18 last night between 8pm and 9pm.
When I've been looking on social media I've seen people have the same issue with the 267. It wouldn't surprise me if there were major issues because of Covid, with further timetable reductions to come across all depots.

Busman84

They should start offering the same pay rate as City drivers for a start. There is no difference between driving an 18 to the likes of the 5, 7, 57, 60 and 61.

lastbus

There is a severe driver shortage at the moment, and it will get worse before it gets better.