• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

stevenedin

The former-Manchester Gemini buses arrived on Saturday night, I think they’re being de-branded first, as I’ve seen images of them at the Caledonia Depot.

Also I‘m pretty sure 33220 and 37211 have swapped depot allocations (ever since the former has came back from Aberdeen loan), as I’ve seen 33220 on the 3 & 6A this week.
It’ll be nice to see them out and about once they enter service. They are 1-2 years newer than some of the oldest B9TLs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LT02 NVV

It’ll be nice to see them out and about once they enter service. They are 1-2 years newer than some of the oldest B9TLs.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’ll be in Olympia livery for a bit, and will be repainted into Urban Livery at a later date, along with 37187, 37189, and 37192 (Which are due to be repainted soon).

joseph bonner

Bit of a random question, I'm a new wheelchair user does anyone know the max width a wheelchair can be to fit, as my chair is slightly wider than normal at 33 inchs would it get pass the luggage rack/staircase to the disabled space, thanks in advance.

LT02 NVV

SarahDFIG

The dimensions of the wheelchair space permit the carriage of a wheelchair no longer than 1200mm and no wider than 700mm (the dimensions of a standard ‘reference’ wheelchair as specified in the Public Service Vehicle Accessibility Regulations 2000).

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Maybe this page could help you: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/bus-accessibility#wheelchir-user-needs-space

Because I think some of the space sizes vary, depending on what bus type it is.
That page makes no reference to wheelchair dimensions whatsoever.
The dimensions of the wheelchair space permit the carriage of a wheelchair no longer than 1200mm and no wider than 700mm (the dimensions of a standard ‘reference’ wheelchair as specified in the Public Service Vehicle Accessibility Regulations 2000).
Thanks - a link to those regulations would be helpful, along with a quote from the relevant section.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’ll be in Olympia livery for a bit, and will be repainted into Urban Livery at a later date, along with 37187, 37189, and 37192 (Which are due to be repainted soon).
They’re all meant to be getting repainted before seeing service

Spsf3232

Bit of a random question, I'm a new wheelchair user does anyone know the max width a wheelchair can be to fit, as my chair is slightly wider than normal at 33 inchs would it get pass the luggage rack/staircase to the disabled space, thanks in advance.
If you contact them, they can arrange for a bus to be sent out to your home and you can try it out to see if it fits on the bus. They will then give you a card that authorises use of it on a bus. It's a service they provide for anyone with non standard wheelchairs or small scooters

joseph bonner

If you contact them, they can arrange for a bus to be sent out to your home and you can try it out to see if it fits on the bus. They will then give you a card that authorises use of it on a bus. It's a service they provide for anyone with non standard wheelchairs or small scooters
Thanks will give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks.

LT02 NVV

They’re all meant to be getting repainted before seeing service
Are the other 3 olympia liveried Gemini buses I mentioned also getting a repaint too?

NEW POST
Why are First Glasgow getting some of their E400EVs sent to First Eastern Counties now? It seems pointless considering Glasgow has a fleet shortage problem right now, and needed the Manchester Geminis.

Context:
https://twitter.com/zak_nelson22/status/1772552066986058188?t=y6dTrqaaHEJDJsZRczmrTg&s=19

Last edited:

NIT100

Why are First Glasgow getting some of their E400EVs sent to First Eastern Counties now? It seems pointless considering Glasgow has a fleet shortage problem right now, and needed the Manchester Geminis.
I believe covering for delayed delivery of the 11 Wrightbus GB Kite Electroliners that are to complete the Electrification of Roundtree Way in Norwich. Was supposed to be complete by the end of March, not sure if this is a firm commitment or condition of funding.

Volvodart

Established Member
You would not have thought it would get the new livery unless it had the new interior.

LT02 NVV

I believe covering for delayed delivery of the 11 Wrightbus GB Kite Electroliners that are to complete the Electrification of Roundtree Way in Norwich. Was supposed to be complete by the end of March, not sure if this is a firm commitment or condition of funding.
Then why are the repainting them into the Eastern Counties Electric livery? They could have just kept their original liveries, albeit with signs saying that they’re on-loan to Eastern Counties for a bit. (Like when Aberdeen has buses from Glasgow on-loan).

lastbus

smtglasgow

Vaguely related….is there not an outstanding phase of the Scottish Zero Emissions Bus Fund due soon? No doubt First will have bid for something – hopefully double deckers – but perhaps in due course First Glasgow will look to cascade out some of the electric single-deckers. If driver shortages are here to stay then it makes sense to have the largest possible vehicles out on the road – saw the 9/9a on Paisley Rd West on Friday afternoon and every bus was full and standing.

SarahDFIG

Vaguely related….is there not an outstanding phase of the Scottish Zero Emissions Bus Fund due soon? No doubt First will have bid for something – hopefully double deckers – but perhaps in due course First Glasgow will look to cascade out some of the electric single-deckers. If driver shortages are here to stay then it makes sense to have the largest possible vehicles out on the road – saw the 9/9a on Paisley Rd West on Friday afternoon and every bus was full and standing.
With Blantyre depot due to get chargers next I doubt Glasgow will send any electric buses to anywhere else especially single deckers.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
If they are covering for delayed Electroliners then I imagine they’ll return to Glasgow.

However, with Blantyre going electric and the B9TLs ageing - I wouldn’t be too surprised if Glasgow sees a big order of new generation E400EVs in the near future.

It’s very common for new buses to push out modern buses to other areas so I wouldn’t be surprised if some electrics leave the fleet when that happens. It’s been happening for years but most recently it happened with the E400MMCs and E300s.

KGGXXXY

A quick google and this looks like the new Livery for First electric services in Yorkshire and Norwich maybe they are rolling it out here?

fife_circle

Last edited:

LT02 NVV

It could be that the new livery will be used across the whole of First so if it does come back then they will still use it.
Oh, I think that’s what it is then.
Where does it say it’s going to eastern counties?
Well, I thought that because the driver who took the photos is from that Region of First Group Services. And that the electric buses there have that same livery.

As I’ve said many times, that livery is the new standard corporate livery for all electric buses - except where dictated otherwise by local agreements (Solent, Leicester)

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
The new livery is miles better than the urban livery. It has so much more character and it’s very striking unlike its predecessor.

Having a standard livery will prevent the constant cycle of repaints too.

stevenedin

The new livery is miles better than the urban livery. It has so much more character and it’s very striking unlike its predecessor.

Having a standard livery will prevent the constant cycle of repaints too.
I agree, people are against a standard livery but I quite like it. The amount of money and time wasted on repainting not to mention the environmental impact of it.