• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First may have Scotrail contract suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoe

Established Member
Did you read the date? It's December 2008 so old news.

Established Member
Tis old news.

But I agree... they should be "Veolia'd" - restricted to operating bin lorries in the UK and nothing else.

Sadsmileyface

Tis old news.

But I agree... they should be "Veolia'd" - restricted to operating bin lorries in the UK and nothing else.

To be fair, this wasn't First or First Scotrail, this was TRANSPORT SCOTLAND'S failure. TS's Finance Director was the one who had the conflict of interest here- he shouldent have been involved.

And as the article states, FSR has improved the franchise every year. It's probably the best in the UK.

S19

Tis old news.

Except Veolia do much more than operate bin lorries in the UK ;)

jon0844

Veteran Member
Yeah, like wanting to build an incinerator next to a school here in Hatfield - and opening a new office before sacking loads of staff and outsourcing.

Sadly, they're allowed to do a lot more than pick up rubbish!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm going to lock this thread now as the news article is several years old and is only likely to confuse some people if the thread keeps getting replied to!

Status
Not open for further replies.