• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Potteries Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

G760XRE

Currently there are 3 ex First Bee Network Manchester E200s sat in the corner of Potteires Adderley Green depot. Anyone know where these are for? Are they at AG for paint?

Established Member
Currently there are 3 ex First Bee Network Manchester E200s sat in the corner of Potteires Adderley Green depot. Anyone know where these are for? Are they at AG for paint?
I wouldn't be surprised if they are for repaint. It seems that Adderley Green is very good at repainting for everywhere else but it's own fleet considering they have only managed to paint 1 of the ex Eclipse E200's so far.

G760XRE

I wouldn't be surprised if they are for repaint. It seems that Adderley Green is very good at repainting for everywhere else but it's own fleet considering they have only managed to paint 1 of the ex Eclipse E200's so far.
Very true! Although I did notice one of the ex Eclipse E200MMCs with its paintwork rubbed down. Had its registration plates and fleet numbers removed, so I couldn't determine which one it is.

Noticed today that, unusually, route 25 hasn't got a single Streetdeck on it. Quite a few are on the 6/6A/18 circuit.
Initially I thought maybe it was due to the diversion route for the work outside Stoke Station, but it doesn't involve a low bridge. Possibly passenger numbers are lower at the moment on the 25, and it was felt these higher capacity buses would be better utilised elsewhere maybe?

Last edited:

James101

Very true! Although I did notice one of the ex Eclipse E200MMCs with its paintwork rubbed down. Had its registration plates and fleet numbers removed, so I couldn't determine which one it is.

Noticed today that, unusually, route 25 hasn't got a single Streetdeck on it. Quite a few are on the 6/6A/18 circuit.
Initially I thought maybe it was due to the diversion route for the work outside Stoke Station, but it doesn't involve a low bridge. Possibly passenger numbers are lower at the moment on the 25, and it was felt these higher capacity buses would be better utilised elsewhere maybe?

Allocations are particularly barmy today with Streetdecks also on the 7/a and 3a/4a. It's common for the deckers to be moved onto the 101 during the uni vacations but never seen them remove them all from the 25 before. The 25 is also full 'mainline' StreetLite operated today, with a few more out on the 98/99 for good measure. Only 7 of 20 'mainline' Streetlites are on their branded routes today (3/a & 4/a).

Random allocation generator to full power at Alderley Green this morning, money well spent on their branding then...

A fleet of 94 vehicles in 9 different liveries, just 7 out of these 94 operating a route they're branded for today.

Lewisham2221

Established Member

Allocations are particularly barmy today with Streetdecks also on the 7/a and 3a/4a. It's common for the deckers to be moved onto the 101 during the uni vacations but never seen them remove them all from the 25 before. The 25 is also full 'mainline' StreetLite operated today, with a few more out on the 98/99 for good measure. Only 7 of 20 'mainline' Streetlites are on their branded routes today (3/a & 4/a).

Random allocation generator to full power at Alderley Green this morning, money well spent on their branding then...

A fleet of 94 vehicles in 9 different liveries, just 7 out of these 94 operating a route they're branded for today.

Service 25 is currently diverted using Leek Road in both directions. This means outbound journeys would trigger a low bridge alert for Glebe Street bridge, due to the way that the system is set up. As a result, all vehicles used on service 25 need to capable of passing under Glebe Street bridge, even though they don't. The 64/65 plate Streetlites are too tall due to the aircon pods, so it's only the 13/63 plates Streetlites and the E200's which can be used - and the E200's don't handle the speed humps on Keele Uni campus very well, and they struggle with the turn around the tree at the Sneyd Arms terminus too.