• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

On the Buses

33072 worked Eden sessions on Sunday night. I Believe it’s been on school services this week. As has been told multiple times school and certain colleges don’t track on BusTimes and if something doesn’t track for some time it could be allocated to one of those services and it doesn’t mean it’s VOR
Indeed. There are three remaining. One is moving to Somerset once the E500s are in service. The other two will likely follow as a couple of cascades arrive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Thanks for the answer. I hope they are not all going to return like that.
Those that have returned and that I have ridden on were fine. Another E500 (38202?) has apparently made part of the journey to Cornwall and should arrive in the coming days.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
An unidentified Mousehole Solo was on Penwith College service 160 this afternoon, bound for St Ives. The number 160 was sellotaped onto the dashboard! Got me quite nostalgic, given I went to school for seven years on London Transport route 160. I was actually born in a house outside which the 160 stopped and, for many years before LTE introduced school routes or extensions, the terminus of the 160 in Catford was the only school/college to feature on the iconic London bus map, and was the institution which attempted to educate me. :)

vla50

Fairly certain 32756-32758/32760-32762 are still in active service and showing no signs of withdrawal just yet.
I meant the Dennis Trident Plaxton Presidents.

Indeed. There are three remaining. One is moving to Somerset once the E500s are in service. The other two will likely follow as a couple of cascades arrive
That's extremely interesting. Are they moving because of the B7RLEs becoming trainers?

On the Buses

The one's that have returned that I have ridden on were fine. Another E500 (38202?) has apparently made part of the journey to Cornwall and should arrive in the coming days.
It’s in Weymouth

An unidentified Mousehole Solo was on Penwith College service 160 this afternoon, bound for St Ives. The number 160 was sellotaped onto the dashboard! Got me quite nostalgic, given I went to school for seven years on London Transport route 160. I was actually born in a house outside which the 160 stopped and, for many years before LTE introduced school routes or extensions, the terminus of the 160 in Catford was the only school/college to feature on the iconic London bus map, and was the institution which attempted to educate me. :)
The third bus on Mousehole starts it’s day on that Penwith College journey

Meant the Dennis Trident Plaxton Presidents

That's extremely interesting. Are they moving because of the B7RLEs becoming trainers?
No. They’re backfilling ones that previously failed

vla50

33072 is on Eden sessions again tonight so definitely not VOR as assumed by @vla50
I didn't say 33072 was on VOR I said 158 was (sorry for any confusion), it could've always just been sat around in a garage for example however many thanks for telling me about this :)

Just out of interest, what are Eden Sessions, or is that not public knowledge?

Oh so for example 33242?

83G/84D

Established Member

Solo 53701 did a trip to Penzance on service T1 early this morning too. I saw it later parked on a stand at Camborne bus station displaying the route number seemingly having been replaced by a Tinner MMC. A Solo SR was on Truro Park and Ride services today as well.

MacT

It’s in Weymouth

The third bus on Mousehole starts it’s day on that Penwith College journey

Hello, Would you be able to inform me as to when 38202 is due to leave Weymouth? (Roughly)

Callum15632

Hi is it true that 37003 is on its way to Cornwall from Bristol? I mean 37003 by the one in the South Glos lynx colours. It has been reported by someone off a Facebook group.

Last edited:

Callum15632

Is 37003 going to be repainted when it arrives or will it be running around with no vinyls just the base colour? What will it be used on?

Whiteway215

Established Member
I see 37003 37182 and 37183 have appeared on the Kernow Bustimes tracker formerly on West of England.

volvob12

I see 37003 37182 and 37183 have appeared on the Kernow Bustimes tracker formerly on West of England
That doesn’t mean they’ve actually transferred I’m afraid. Anyone can make an account and move buses around willy nilly - Marc tweeted about 37003 at 10.49 last night and it was ‘moved’ into the Kernow fleet at 10.55 for example.

Whiteway215

Established Member
That doesn’t mean they’ve actually transferred I’m afraid. Anyone can make an account and move buses around willy nilly - Marc tweeted about 37003 at 10.49 last night and it was ‘moved’ into the Kernow fleet at 10.55 for example.
Yes I was aware of that but thank you for pointing it out.
I was just making a comment more than saying it was fact.

83G/84D

Established Member
I see 37003 37182 and 37183 have appeared on the Kernow Bustimes tracker formerly on West of England

37003 is in Camborne. It arrived yesterday, I think, and has had South Glos Lynx branding removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A Tinner on the 19 (first time seen since new nos.), may have been on an 18 as well, which is the old no. for the T1, so full circle!

Callum15632

A Tinner on the 19 (first time seen since new nos.), may have been on an 18 as well, which is the old no. for the T1, so full circle!
I believe one was on the 17 a couple weeks or months ago so not the first time as well. But no it wasn't on the 18 today as I don't believe the 19 interworks with the 18.

83G/84D

Established Member
There was a Tinner on the 17 this evening. I saw it near Lelant, heading towards St Ives around 6-15pm.

Last edited:

Goldfish62

Established Member
I believe one was on the 17 a couple weeks or months ago so not the first time as well. But no it wasn't on the 18 today as I don't believe the 19 interworks with the 18.
I think you're right - three buses on the 17-18 and two buses on the 17-19.

83G/84D

Established Member
Yes. The two E200s are certainly tucked up inside. The Lizard Tridents may be there too by now. Meanwhile the two ex Eastbourne’s are under prep now for next season.

One of the Lizard open top buses (33085) is parked outside at Camborne.