• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

JKP

Go ahead are using longer vehicles at the request of the council so that Brannel school services can be accommodated on the service bus rather than needing a separate tender, saving the council money. The longer buses can’t safely turn at the safe harbour.

Firsts 44951-44954 are about the longest buses that can turn due to the bollard placement
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
No, the green one is still off the road with accident damage.

From late March only two buses will be required for Mousehole harbour so I do wonder if the green one will reappear.
The attached dialogue has been posted on a closed Facebook group.

It suggests the green one has been written off and 54111 has received the gearbox from the green one. This is unverified, and should be taken as gossip, although Steve the commenter is closely connected to the engineering department at Camborne

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 115

Goldfish62

Established Member
The attached dialogue has been posted on a closed Facebook group.

It suggests the green one has been written off and 54111 has received the gearbox from the green one. This is unverified, and should be taken as gossip, although Steve the commenter is closely connected to the engineering department at Camborne
Given the source I'd say it's very likely to be true.

That's still an expensive piece of kit to write-off for a company that self-insures. Around £100k new and barely depreciated. I can only assume chassis damage which would have required major repair as friends who saw it immediately after the collision said the damage looked very minor.

richw

Veteran Member
Given the source I'd say it's very likely to be true.

That's still an expensive piece of kit to write-off for a company that self-insures. Around £100k new and barely depreciated. I can only assume chassis damage which would have required major repair as friends who saw it immediately after the collision said the damage looked very minor.
I agree it’s 99% definite from that source,

I imagine the claim will be against the 3rd party insurance. It was definitely non fault.
Although we call is self insure that isn’t quite correct. Their policy has a £1m excess. An excess isn’t normally payable when claiming against a third party.

Paperyostrich

Former Taunton Park and Ride Streetlite 47535 has been repainted into BoS colours and returned to service in Taunton

Credit to Zach Kelly from the Buses of Somerset Enthusiast Group

1708703062255.png

Busaholic

Veteran Member
No, the green one is still off the road with accident damage.

From late March only two buses will be required for Mousehole harbour so I do wonder if the green one will reappear.
Does that mean only a half hourly service?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The screen shots above said it would be every 20 minutes with all buses taking the traditional route, which would suggest 3 buses like was the case a few years ago
If that's the case, I think it's the best that can be done in the circumstances. I have noticed an uptake in the use of the last two p.m. journeys on TfC's 5A from Penzance recently as, presumably, more people realise it covers parts of the Mousehole route as far as Newlyn Bridge. It's run by large single deckers too, which sometimes are earning their keep!

Goldfish62

Established Member
The screen shots above said it would be every 20 minutes with all buses taking the traditional route, which would suggest 3 buses like was the case a few years ago
My error. I read the screenshot I shared as every 30 minutes. Therefore you're right that it's 3 PVR.

Whiteway215

Established Member
because from what i have heard there axels are starting to rot
Of course out of the original ten Buses of Somerset had from Glasgow only six remain. 67702 and 67706 went to Wigleys for scrap last year. 67708 caught fire and was scrapped. I don’t recall what happened to 67707.

Murray J

Of course out of the original ten Buses of Somerset had from Glasgow only six remain. 67702 and 67706 went to Wigleys for scrap last year. 67708 caught fire and was scrapped. I don’t recall what happened to 67707.
67707 caught fire even earlier, summer 2019 iirc, and was scrapped.

Peter Philips

Did I once read a couple were transferred to another First area for a new airport route (as they had suitable luggage racks from previous airport duties)?

Goldfish62

Established Member
Just seen on Facebook that 36100 has been rebranded from Southsea Coaster to Cornwall's Coaster.