• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Butts

Veteran Member
I doubt Ron Saunders is turning in his grave as he's still alive and very much kicking.

Blush...Blush...indeed he still is with us.

The only man to have Managed Villa,Birmingham and Albion.

Given SS4's pathological hatred of Mcleish based on his having been Brum boss prior to Villa I wonder how he would comment on the above ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Feel sorry for Newcastle fans .... Coloccini has now said he wants to leave the club this month ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20985928

Anyway, was it not 18 months ago where there was a lost of speculation about Wesley Sneijder joining Manchester United for £35m? He's reportedly in talks with Galatasary and could join tomorrow in a transfer worth "just" £8.2m ....

Its a shame Colo wants to go. He stuck with us when we went down and he has been a solid player for us. Shame the silver fox and the fat man didn't give him some help in the summer window. I hope he stays but if he wants to go home then thats cool....

SS4

Established Member
Blush...Blush...indeed he still is with us.

The only man to have Managed Villa,Birmingham and Albion.

Given SS4's pathological hatred of Mcleish based on his having been Brum boss prior to Villa I wonder how he would comment on the above ?

It's had nothing to do with his previous record, it's because he was an awful manager for us. Why hire a manager who got relegated twice in three seasons?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And don't forget Small Heath fans were also telling us what a **** manager he was for them and practically thanking us for taking him off their hands

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
8,4,3,2 looks to be a normal polynomial progressional sequence in my eyes. But one has to remember that the logic of some mathematicians is seen as flawed in the eyes of others...:roll:

Now taking into account of the goals conceded by Aston Villa in the last five Premiership league matches, it now reveals an even better and logical progressional sequence of 8, 4, 3, 2, 1, which seems that there is indeed more strengthening of a sort in the Aston Villa defence.

Will they now produce a result in their next league match, away to West Bromwich Albion, to spoil my carefully gathered statistics?

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Now taking into account of the goals conceded by Aston Villa in the last five Premiership league matches, it now reveals an even better better and logical progressional sequence of 8, 4, 3, 2, 1, which seems that there is indeed more strengthening of a sort in the Aston Villa defence.

Will they now produce a result in their next league match, away to West Bromwich Albion, to spoil my carefully gathered statistics?

Possibly. Form wouldn't suggest it but the form book goes out the window where derbies are concerned

richw

Veteran Member
Now taking into account of the goals conceded by Aston Villa in the last five Premiership league matches, it now reveals an even better better and logical progressional sequence of 8, 4, 3, 2, 1, which seems that there is indeed more strengthening of a sort in the Aston Villa defence.

Alternatively to continue your pattern they could concede...
1,2,3,4,8 in the next five.

SS4

Established Member
How about a 0,0,0,0,0. That'll be a nice sequence to work out
Listening to the Manchester United vs Liverpool game and one could be forgiven for wondering if there was a crowd at Old Trafford
Manchester United's player are criticising their team-mate Howard Webb for stopping play when Reina was clearly injured.
Granted not a head injury so the ref needn't stop play but it had been a few seconds with no improvement but imagine the fury if that were the home keeper.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

JoeH

How about a 0,0,0,0,0. That'll be a nice sequence to work out
Listening to the Manchester United vs Liverpool game and one could be forgiven for wondering if there was a crowd at Old Trafford
Manchester United's player are criticising their team-mate Howard Webb for stopping play when Reina was clearly injured.
Granted not a head injury so the ref needn't stop play but it had been a few seconds with no improvement but imagine the fury if that were the home keeper.

edit: spelling

That's not what happened at all.

They are upset because the injury was caused by a Liverpool player pushing Kagawa in to Reina, a clear penalty. Liverpool then got the ball and ran up the other end of the pitch to try and score with no concern for their own goalkeeper. It was only when they lost the ball and United went back on the attack that Liverpool wanted the game stopped and the whistle was blown.

richw

Veteran Member
That's not what happened at all.

They are upset because the injury was caused by a Liverpool player pushing Kagawa in to Reina, a clear penalty. Liverpool then got the ball and ran up the other end of the pitch to try and score with no concern for their own goalkeeper. It was only when they lost the ball and United went back on the attack that Liverpool wanted the game stopped and the whistle was blown.

As I understand it the referee played within the rules. If a player is down injured and will obstruct play the game should be temporarily suspended as per my understanding of the law of the game. I.E if Liverpool are attacking the Liverpool goalkeeper will not obstruct play, but as soon as Man Utd start attacking he is probably going to be an obstruction, and therefore play should be stopped to prevent further injury to him.

JoeH

As I understand it the referee played within the rules. If a player is down injured and will obstruct play the game should be temporarily suspended as per my understanding of the law of the game. I.E if Liverpool are attacking the Liverpool goalkeeper will not obstruct play, but as soon as Man Utd start attacking he is probably going to be an obstruction, and therefore play should be stopped to prevent further injury to him.

If the referee was playing within the rules it would have been a penalty and Liverpool would not have had the chance to try and score with their own goalkeeper laid down on the pitch apparently badly injured.

JoeH

Match over, United victory.

Howard Webb should have given United a penalty and could easily have sent a couple of Liverpool players off but I don't suppose that will live long in most people's memories.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Suspicious package found outside the Emirates Stadium. All clear given by the police when it was discovered to be a trophy.

CC 72100

Established Member
if man city lose today then the title is over in my opinion.

With 16 games to go? I wouldn't even call it over if we had this situation with 6 to go!
ha. fails to mention that the liverpool player down was reina who was barged by kagawa.

so its ok for play to go on with a keeper down? fergie then had a foul mouthed rant at the 4th official.

think I prefer warrior actually.

But why was Reina barged by Kagawa? Oh, it was because he was pushed into him by a Liverpool player! Fail to mention that!

JoeH

ha. fails to mention that the liverpool player down was reina who was barged by kagawa.

so its ok for play to go on with a keeper down? fergie then had a foul mouthed rant at the 4th official.

Kagawa was pushed on to Reina by a Liverpool player. Liverpool had no problem playing on with their goalkeeper apparently needing urgent treatment when they thought they had a chance to take the ball to the other end and score. It wasn't until United won the ball back that they wanted the game stopped.

Kagawa was pushed on to Reina by a Liverpool player. Liverpool had no problem playing on with their goalkeeper apparently needing urgent treatment when they thought they had a chance to take the ball to the other end and score. It wasn't until United won the ball back that they wanted the game stopped.

the game immediately turned away from Liverpools goal including the ref. it was only when webb turned round when man utd got the ball that he could see reinas injury. fergie then went mental and abused the officials.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Mancini made the worst decision of his life when he didn't buy Van Persie because he would have won them the title this season.

Man U. look very very ordinary without him and would probably be a poor second now if they hadn't got him.

As it is Man U. have won yet another title even if Man City were to win today.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Recent postings seem to reveal an interest in Trafford FC from the Evo-Stik League (First Division North) and this coming Saturday sees them at home to table-topping Mossley FC. Trafford FC are in third place, six points behind Mossley FC, but with no less than three games in hand, so there will be a lot riding on the result of this match.

For the Yorkshire supporters of Trafford FC who have recently surfaced on the Football thread, I will update this posting.

Trafford FC beat Mossley FC 2-0 in that clash, which leaves them now in second place, only three points behind Mossley FC with three games in hand and a better goal difference by no less than 10 goals.

However, Skelmersdale United now in third place, have games in hand of both these two clubs.

JoeH

the game immediately turned away from Liverpools goal including the ref. it was only when webb turned round when man utd got the ball that he could see reinas injury. fergie then went mental and abused the officials.

I saw no such behaviour. I don't suppose you have any evidence?

I saw no such behaviour. I don't suppose you have any evidence?

yes. I had the game on sky and talksport in my earphones. both talksport commentators condemned it. phone in tomorrow if you dont believe me. or better than that. find an upload of the comms and listen yourself. thanks.
arsenal down to 10. dezko misses pen.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I am amused to read certain postings that reveal the medical condition that is sometimes referred to as "selective vision".

A British naval hero called Lord Nelson had a similar complaint that caused him to raise his telescope to his blind eye in a naval battle in 1801 (The Battle of Copenhagen) and to declare..."I see no ships"...:roll:

JoeH

yes. I had the game on sky and talksport in my earphones. both talksport commentators condemned it. phone in tomorrow if you dont believe me. or better than that. find an upload of the comms and listen yourself. thanks.

Not that I don't believe you I just wanted more information on what happened so I could see it for myself. I worded my previous message incorrectly.

andrew bell

The reason why Howard Webb allowed play to continue during this incident was Reina was not interferring with play while Liverpool was attacking, and it wasn't a head injury, as soon as Manchester United had possession then Reina is interfeering with play and the match must stop. Its a crazy rule but if thats how the premier league/fa want it then all we can do is continue to complain about it. If it had happened the other way and was De Gea down injured and Manchester United sprung a counter attack I could see the exact same thing happen. IMO Howard Webb got that decision right.

Another thing, Vidic/Evra's goal was technically offside as it hit Vidic in the face and he was (just) in front of the ball when the ball was played, but at full speed its virtually impossible to give it as offside