• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Formula 1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
There have been rumours that Lawrence Stroll made a big money offer around Saudi Arabia but his gardening leave would be very long.
I would usaully say gardening leave can always be bought out but RB would be mad to let Newey start with another team this side of the next ice age!

gswindale

I believe his contract was due to end at the end of 2025.

New design regulations are due to kick in in 2026.

I would suspect that he won't be involved much in the design of the 2026 Red Bull, but also won't be able to have much input wherever he goes (if he stays in F1).

I did read though that he's been particularly critical of some of the 2026 regs though, so maybe he has decided to put the pencils away.

Nico Hulkenberg has signed a deal to join Sauber for the 2025 season.

IMO not a bad signing at all but I would've preferred a Sainz/Bottas line-up (but bottas is my favourite driver so I may be being a bit biased here). Surely it must be one of them two for the other seat now.

Highly likely that we will see Bearman in the Haas alongside Kmag next season.

JD2168

Makes sense for Hulkenberg to join Sauber/Audi from next season. He worked with Andreas Seidl at Porsche when he did the Le Mans 24 hours & being German his nationality fits as well.

If it opens up a seat for Ollie Bearman then that’s a good thing as well.