• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FPTS

pacerman446

hello all, i am looking for a team of people who can help with this new project of mine. FPTS! FPTS (First Person Transport Sim)
please find the pdf attached for a list of features.

Attachments

• FPTS (First Person Transport Sim)_.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PupCuff

I wonder if it may be helpful for you to provide a little more information on the project. For example, how is it being funded and what skills does your current team not have that you need? How will it be distributed and retailed and on what platforms? What experience do the existing team have in delivering products in the gaming market?

Whilst I'm not a gaming expert it seems incredibly wide in scope with extensive mapping and modelling requirements. How are you intending to balance accuracy of detail with the wide reaching scope of a large number of railway lines, roads, ports etc? Will it devalue the game if you travel through say, Harwich, but it's modelled no differently to Calais or Birkenhead or Hull?

A more comprehensive plan with realistic ambitions on what the project will achieve at each stage will probably foster more interest from potential members of a project team.

pacerman446

i really hate to confess it, but i dont have a team! ive tried reaching out to other companies to see if they can help.

CarrotPie

hello all, i am looking for a team of people who can help with this new project of mine. FPTS! FPTS (First Person Transport Sim)
please find the pdf attached for a list of features.
First impression: waaaaaaaaaaaaay too broad a scope. Even real-world-esque games like OMSI and TSC/TSW take ages to create in that detail, and cost oodles of dosh to do so! Scale back to, maybe, a town or a region.

Also, UK and Northern Ireland and Europe? Just say Europe. Lot quicker.