• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight Drivers. Footwear requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seejwalker

Any freight drivers able to shed light on their company’s leniency towards footwear.
I’m starting with DRS next month and their boot options are not to my taste.

(I was in the army for 8 years, so I’m a real boot snob).

Sounds like I’m being a diva I know. But I know the importance of a good boot, more than most.

Many thanks,
Chris.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boilinthebag

You might find you need a steel sole as well as toe. You soon realise why if you walk under a bridge in any large city. But maybe different operators have different requirements. You can tell if they have steel soles by the way your feet freeze this time of year!

Seejwalker

@saracen @Boilinthebag

Thanks for responding. I’m a ways off actually getting out on the ground. With all the theory stuff first.

But want to know where I’m likely to stand with buying my own boots.

TheEdge

Established Member
@saracen @Boilinthebag

Thanks for responding. I’m a ways off actually getting out on the ground. With all the theory stuff first.

But want to know where I’m likely to stand with buying my own boots.

I buy my own because my TOC offerings are awful.

Oil/fuel resistant, non slip and steel toe cap is our basic requisites. As long as it ticks those anything goes, I'm currently sporting a nice pair of Sketchers work boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.