• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner info please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU

Hi does anyone here work for or has worked for Freightliner as a heavy haul driver.
Just want to know what sort of shifts they do and if it's a good place to work pay structure OT start and finish times is it mostly night work and weekends etc..
I am looking at Tilbury as a depot.
Any information at all would be most welcome.
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BTU

Yes I have seen this but thats for TOC info not FOC but thanks anyway.

Tyrion

Hi does anyone here work for or has worked for Freightliner as a heavy haul driver.
Just want to know what sort of shifts they do and if it's a good place to work pay structure OT start and finish times is it mostly night work and weekends etc..
I am looking at Tilbury as a depot.
Any information at all would be most welcome.
Thank you.
Hi,
I moved over from TOC to FL HH last year and whilst it isn’t perfect, I am enjoying it so far.
I am not at Tilbury but had quick look at their link and the work seems to be very varied, they don’t do a lot of weekends there or booked ones at least.
They seem to do cross cover for intermodal work and some do reading and mendip diagrams as well as Bedford diagrams along with T3 work. Not all nights, seems to be a mixture.

Basic is now £63k pa ish plus lots of WRD opportunities, still in RPS if you’re an existing member and it’s annualised hours so if you go over hours you get a “Happy Cheque”
It is a culture shock coming from toc but in main good bunch of folk and it’s a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere than on TOC side especially at momen.

Hope that helps

T

BTU

Hi,
I moved over from TOC to FL HH last year and whilst it isn’t perfect, I am enjoying it so far.
I am not at Tilbury but had quick look at their link and the work seems to be very varied, they don’t do a lot of weekends there or booked ones at least.
They seem to do cross cover for intermodal work and some do reading and mendip diagrams as well as Bedford diagrams along with T3 work. Not all nights, seems to be a mixture.

Basic is now £63k pa ish plus lots of WRD opportunities, still in RPS if you’re an existing member and it’s annualised hours so if you go over hours you get a “Happy Cheque”
It is a culture shock coming from toc but in main good bunch of folk and it’s a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere than on TOC side especially at momen.

Hope that helps

T
Thank you for the info and great that it is part of RPS that makes a difference.
Is it final salary?

PNutt

Thank you for the info and great that it is part of RPS that makes a difference.
Is it final salary?
You now have to have worked for Freightliner for 3 years before you can join the final salary scheme.

Tyrion

Is it final salary?
It is final salary but contributions are higher and retirement age set higher as well (Brass is your friend)

You now have to have worked for Freightliner for 3 years before you can join the final salary scheme.
Unless it has changed since end of last year then not the case if you are already in another section of RPS final salary but yes new entrants usually have to wait 3 years.

It is final salary but contributions are higher and retirement age set higher as well (Brass is your friend)

Unless it has changed since end of last year then not the case if you are already in another section of RPS final salary but yes new entrants usually have to wait 3 years.

Hi,

It is a culture shock coming from toc but in main good bunch of folk and it’s a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere than on TOC side es

Hi,

It is a culture shock coming from toc but in main good bunch of folk and it’s a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere tan on TOC side especially at momen.

Hope that helps

T

ecially at moment.

Hope that helps

Hi,

I am not at Tilbury but had quick look at their link and the work seems to be very varied, theyour knowledge y don’t do a lot of weekends there or booked ones at least.

Hope that helps

T

Hi mate, what's your knowledge like around policy? Curious to find out a little more about things like paternity, adoption leave and looking after dependants? I appreciate that it isnt a quick reply but if you could share something or perhaps surmise the main things, id be appreciative. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.