• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Driver Talent Pool 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member

PNutt

Does anyone know how long the apprenticeship is for this please?
How long is a piece of string. Train’d Up, who run the apprenticeship, are having problems at the moment with funding from the Government.

I passed out as a driver in July but still haven’t been signed off from the apprenticeship, but it hasn’t made any difference to pay etc.

TonyBrides

Medical booked in for 6th Jan.
How's everyone else doing?

Are you on the February course? How long is your notice in your current job?

I had my medical last Thursday. They said the lab results are taking longer with the postal strikes. (Would have thought it was courier to the lab than email results) no point in questioning it, it takes as long as it takes.

My boss is pressuring me for a final answer so he can advertise my role. But what can I do.

Jonsutt

Are you on the February course? How long is your notice in your current job?

I had my medical last Thursday. They said the lab results are taking longer with the postal strikes. (Would have thought it was courier to the lab than email results) no point in questioning it, it takes as long as it takes.

My boss is pressuring me for a final answer so he can advertise my role. But what can I do.
April course (no actual date other than month given so far) but I'm supposed to give 12 weeks notice but I'll give less if need too

TonyBrides

April course (no actual date other than month given so far) but I'm supposed to give 12 weeks notice but I'll give less if need too
It’s the 17th mate.

I was supposed to give 3 months and was asked if I wanted to move from February to April, to accommodate it.

I asked my work and they said they would accept 1 month. But it still feels tight. The 13th Jan is fast approaching.

I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Owen83

Hi everyone and well done for getting selected! I’ve also just applied for Freightliner, and just sat the first initial tests you do at home. Can any provide information on what comes next? Also how did you all find the process?

Many thanks

737egnh

I'm starting 9th January in Crewe, received my contract along with the final bits of paperwork on Monday. On count down now to a good start of the new year !

Jaw08

I'm starting 9th January in Crewe, received my contract along with the final bits of paperwork on Monday. On count down now to a good start of the new year !
I’m starting on the 9th jan too. See you there.

Jonsutt

Congrats. Glad you've passed everything as we were on assessment days together. What will you be eventually doing, IM or HH. Got my medical 6th Jan and start April for HH

TonyBrides

Received contract today so that’s me definitely starting on 13th February.

Doesn’t feel real yet.

Jonsutt

Just had my medical. Everything fine and just got to wait for drug results in approx 1 week but they should come back all clear.
Step closer to starting in April

TonyBrides

Just had my medical. Everything fine and just got to wait for drug results in approx 1 week but they should come back all clear.
Step closer to starting in April

They told me 3-5 days and it took 3 weeks. Felt a long time.

TonyBrides

My guess is that most of you guys are HH. That is due to FL now merging HH and IM as one. Therefore when IM drivers leave or retire, they are not being replaced with IM drivers but HH is used to cross cover our work. This is a very sore subject across all depots effected by this for the IM driver.

That's not to say HH isn't a good division to work for, I'm just pointing out that the chance of working IM trains as an IM driver on IM conditions, is now alot less common as a trainee or even as a qualified driver coming to FL.

Best of luck all.

That’s quite interesting, I’m going to Crewe on HH. But had every intention of applying to move to Garston once I was eligible to transfer. Garson I thought was all IM. How will depots like that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.