• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyBrides

You must have got a different email to me. Mine says I’ve passed but I'm in the 2023 talent pool. I’ll find out near the end of the year when I’ll start.

I was told that the August and October course is already allocated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KMn

Such a long wait, but one step closer! Peterborough

You must have got a different email to me. Mine says I’ve passed but I'm in the 2023 talent pool. I’ll find out near the end of the year when I’ll start.

I was told that the August and October course is already allocated.

No I think that’s the same message, says 2023 candidate pool and when a course is allocated later/end of this year they’ll be in touch.

Mr Oli

Congratulations all! I received the same email. I'm for Bristol, although I imagine we may be on the same course when we are eventually allocated.

Dousey

Sadly my email today was not such great news. Obviously gutted but not surprised as I didn't perform at my best in the DMI and I knew it. Fatigue from working 9 hours a day, 7 days a week will have been a factor but still feel I should have done better. Oh well, I've got my psychometrics and am not giving up. Congratulations and the very best of luck to you all, sincerely.

Jaw08

Sadly my email today was not such great news. Obviously gutted but not surprised as I didn't perform at my best in the DMI and I knew it. Fatigue from working 9 hours a day, 7 days a week will have been a factor but still feel I should have done better. Oh well, I've got my psychometrics and am not giving up. Congratulations and the very best of luck to you all, sincerely.
Really sorry to hear that. As you say, you’ve got your psychometrics. I’m sure you’ll be on a course in the near future.

Congratulations all! I received the same email. I'm for Bristol, although I imagine we may be on the same course when we are eventually allocated.
Excellent news, congrats. I’m sure you’re right and at least a few of us will be on a course together.

Jonsutt

Just woke up to my email informing me that I have also passed the interview and I am I the candidate pool for 2023 and will be informed later this year as to a start month. I can now relax on holiday next week and not keep checking my emails.

Congratulations to all who passed and commiserations to those who didn't and don't give up

Vinnie2022

Hi everyone, first time here! I received my 2023 trainee driver pool email today, happy days! Sorry to all those that didn’t get this far.

It says that I’ll be assigned a start month later/end of this year, does anyone know if this means that a start date could be as soon as the end of this year even though it says you’re in the 2023 candidate pool?

Many thanks, Vincent :)

nb2001uk

Hi everyone, first time here! I received my 2023 trainee driver pool email today, happy days! Sorry to all those that didn’t get this far.

It says that I’ll be assigned a start month later/end of this year, does anyone know if this means that a start date could be as soon as the end of this year even though it says you’re in the 2023 candidate pool?

Unless people drop out of the August/October course then it wouldnt be until some point next year

sargentsiri

Well done too all that have received the positive news today! And my apologies to those that haven't.

However, I can happily say I have also received the "2023" pool email which I am buzzing about!

Next year can't come quick enough!

Jonsutt

My understanding is we'll be contacted at some point thus year with a start month for next year

PickleTree

Well done too all that have received the positive news today! And my apologies to those that haven't.

However, I can happily say I have also received the "2023" pool email which I am buzzing about!

Next year can't come quick enough!
Congratulations mate. I may well see you at Eastleigh after all.

PickleTree

Haha well remembered Pickletree!!

I'm super happy to be through, can't wait to get started! How's your training going?
Yes really well thank you, into my handling hours now. Should be out on my own by October I would imagine. Keep me posted as and when you hear more.’

JamzyB

I'm in the same boat as you. Tough to take, considering I felt I did well during the interview. Oh well... When was your DMI, 12th May in the afternoon?

Dousey

I'm in the same boat as you. Tough to take, considering I felt I did well during the interview. Oh well... When was your DMI, 12th May in the afternoon?
Sorry to hear that mate. Yes, very tough to take but we'll have further opportunities so try not to let it get you down. You can see on other threads that failing a DMI but then passing another further down the line (pun intended) is not that uncommon. I've requested feedback, although I'm pretty sure I know which parts I underperformed on. Make sure you get feedback from them and keep practicing and I'm sure you'll nail it next time. I was there on the 11th in the afternoon.

BlindAsABat

Me too..... I applied 3/11, sounds like the emails are being sent out
Hey mate I saw your response on a previous thread about colourblindness and a guy at your TOC who drives with some sort of space age goggles on to help him see colours correctly. I'm intrigued to know which TOC this is? It's just that I've got through every stage to be stung with a fail on the Ishihara test at the medical

Tyrion

Large percentage of freight work is nights.

Unless somebody can shed some light on Mossend depot to say otherwise.

Don't be detured tho.
If it is Intermodal ay Mossend then not many nights in traditional sense but there are very early ie 3am starts and very late finishes I am told.

magoogle

If a trainee position came up in my home town, tomorrow, next month, next year and I am already doing my 10 weeks or handling hours at a depot somewhere further away. Would it be possible to transfer to my closer depot if they need drivers and continue training there?

NorthernTech

If a trainee position came up in my home town, tomorrow, next month, next year and I am already doing my 10 weeks or handling hours at a depot somewhere further away. Would it be possible to transfer to my closer depot if they need drivers and continue training there?
Closer than the 60 minutes max that you are now?

martin2345uk

Established Member
It has happened; it's not usual procedure and could never be guaranteed.

GLENMAYE77

Official line is No until you are out of your 2 years post qualifying driving at the depot you are allocated to.
However certain personal or business circs have see trainees reallocated.

But simply because it’s closer than where you’ve original been allocated then no, not likely.

Haru

All good with the medical I presume? The hearing test was nerve racking!

I wonder where the training will take place.

MDB97

All good with the medical I presume? The hearing test was nerve racking!

I wonder where the training will take place.
I think so, just waiting for the final sign off from the doctor I think, sent my DBS in today too. Feels like the finishing line has a few less hurdles before it!

Maybe Crewe maybe Westbury but again I'm not entirely sure, may be dependant on the geographics of the delegates?

Status
Not open for further replies.