• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GLENMAYE77

Sorry, I've not been clear - Passed everything but just waiting for a medical and start date.

Ahhh sorry I thought you were referring to Stage 2.....I’m still awaiting my DMI result.

I’m sure a course date won’t be too far off.

Degsy

They're not just doing courses for individual depot's. They don't have enough mentors to cover the trainees, so they'll only sit so many trainees for each depot per course.

I believe there are only two more courses to fill too, so roughly 25 more jobs available.

They're not just doing courses for individual depot's. They don't have enough mentors to cover the trainees, so they'll only sit so many trainees for each depot per course.

I believe there are only two more courses to fill too, so roughly 25 more jobs available.
They are trying to group depot drivers together, not necessarily at there final depot for training though. If you look at the previous/on going courses and also what they said in our DMI, then it becomes apparent that is how they are doing it.
By May (which I was told was the next course after Feb) all the current Crewe trainees will be 6 months in and this will tie in with more Mentor Drivers being available.

Lendog2012

On the Down Fast at Basford Hall this morning and looked out the window. Felt like nipping in and asking for an update!! Lol.

Attachments

• 1307BD6F-4A76-4DAF-BCE5-507270C4ADE2.jpeg
    1307BD6F-4A76-4DAF-BCE5-507270C4ADE2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Mgv1349

On my induction they said there is another 4-5 courses next year so I wouldn’t worry!

lampsr5

Morning gents had my stage 2 yesterday including mmi and dmi. Was told I had reached standard for all assessments just waiting to hear back from mmi and dmi results.

I think mmi went better than the dmi don't know if I should have reeled off more facts about freightliner or not..slightly worried. How long did it take you guys to hear about results ? Genuinely want this so bad that I couldn't sleep yesterday haha.

I'm down for Birmingham also but volunteered for rugby or Crewe as back ups.

Ben

Mike121

Morning gents had my stage 2 yesterday including mmi and dmi. Was told I had reached standard for all assessments just waiting to hear back from mmi and dmi results.

I think mmi went better than the dmi don't know if I should have reeled off more facts about freightliner or not..slightly worried. How long did it take you guys to hear about results ? Genuinely want this so bad that I couldn't sleep yesterday haha.

Ben

Did they give you any idea when the courses were for Crewe?

GLENMAYE77

Ben

I had my DMI 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard my result yet.....(although I’ve worn out the refresh button on my emails)

lampsr5

they mentioned that the recruitment is on going when I asked if positions were being taken up and that it's an issue of finding instructors and mentors more so than new staff mike.

Glen I hope you near something soon mate I've barely managed a day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.