• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Trainee Conductor Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterm1994

Hey there. I have received an appointment to come in for an interview on Thursday.

I have two questions:
1. Is this normal practise for someone who had "failed" their assessment, or am I mistaken for thinking I failed it?
2. Has anyone got any tips they could give me for the interview, like what may be contained in it? Previous interviews I've had with Northern and East Coast (and the interview I had as part of my FTPE assessment) were all example-based.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jydo

My partner sat assessments in GLA for same job with same toc and also failed in the role play section (which in my opinion is ridiculous) she was the only person left after all the tests but after being told she failed she left the assessment centre and hasnt heard anything else from them.....

peterm1994

My partner sat assessments in GLA for same job with same toc and also failed in the role play section (which in my opinion is ridiculous) she was the only person left after all the tests but after being told she failed she left the assessment centre and hasnt heard anything else from them.....

That's sad to hear, sorry about that news.

I don't know what it is in my case then, maybe they're just desperate for new conductors or they need more than they thought they needed and now they're going for runners-up.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.