• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GA delay repay - "although there is no record of your Smartcard being used at either a platform validator or barrier access"

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
So I submitted a claim via GA's site for a 15+ minute delay from Chelmsford to Stratford, and I just got an email saying:

I'm pleased to say that on this occasion we have accepted your claim although there is no record of your Smartcard being used at either a platform validator or barrier access. For future claims, can we please ask that you ensure your Smartcard is used to allow us to validate your journey.

I don't understand this, I always touch in and out using the my smartcard ticket - it's the only way to get through the barriers at each end! This worries me a bit as it makes it look like I am gaming the system when I am absolutely not. Does anyone know why this might be the case?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
So why are they refunding you when, by implication of not swiping your card at the barriers, you have not been charged for the journey? Unless you are using a season ticket.

OscarH

I don't know anything about GA specifically, but I've frequently had issues with the barriers not syncing scans properly, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was just being flaky

martin2345uk

Established Member
Yeah could be. I’ve sent them an email asking if a specific touch-in this morning was registered or not.

jnjkerbin

I don't know if it's the same for Greater Anglia, but Southeastern allow you to check your touches yourself online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502-105410.png
    Screenshot_20230502-105410.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 64

Sleepy

Established Member
So if you had started your journey that day from Witham for example with a paper ticket then continued from Stratford onto Jubilee line you wouldn't encounter any gateline you needed to use your season at. In short it's none of their business after all if you had a paper season ticket they wouldn't have any form of audit trail ?

martin2345uk

Established Member
I sent GA an email about this asking if they could check a specific time when I definitely did tap in and out… and they’ve just replied saying yes they can see it and in fact they can actually see my tap in and out on the day I put the delay claim in, and the response to my claim was in fact an error…

Status
Not open for further replies.