• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GA say they have issued a refund but it hasn't come - where to turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Long story short, Greater Anglia offered to refund me a £13 single I bought due to their ticket office staff not knowing the rules... I have been chasing it up for 2 months, today they have sent me an email:

Thank you for your response.

I have chased this matter up with our Web Support team, and I can confirm that your refund was requested on the 6th of July, approved/processed on the 10th of July, and should have been received sometime around this date.

This payment has been processed back to your original payment method, which on this occasion was Apple Pay, so I would advise checking the account associated with your Apple Pay and chasing it up with the relevant bank.

Once again thank you for contacting Greater Anglia, should you require any further assistance in the future, please get back in touch.

There is no refund showing in the account I use for Apple Pay. The bank say they can't help, GA clearly think their part is done, where now?

I know it's only £13 but at this stage it's literally just the principle!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Long story short, Greater Anglia offered to refund me a £13 single I bought due to their ticket office staff not knowing the rules... I have been chasing it up for 2 months, today they have sent me an email:

There is no refund showing in the account I use for Apple Pay. The bank say they can't help, GA clearly think their part is done, where now?

I know it's only £13 but at this stage it's literally just the principle!
I was going to say you are so rich you don't need it. But then I thought you should get it and mines a latte :lol: ta

LAX54

Established Member
Is this an issue with Apple Pay, I was in a DIY store some months ago, someone was on about an Apple Pay refund, and it seems that Apple use a different number each time you use the app, so when a store refunds anything it goes back to the orginal 'number used' and can take some time for it to filter through the system, at least that is what the person was told in front of me ! (he'd been waiting some 3 or 4 months I gather)
joys of digital payments :)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Is this an issue with Apple Pay, I was in a DIY store some months ago, someone was on about an Apple Pay refund, and it seems that Apple use a different number each time you use the app, so when a store refunds anything it goes back to the orginal 'number used' and can take some time for it to filter through the system, at least that is what the person was told in front of me ! (he'd been waiting some 3 or 4 months I gather)
joys of digital payments :)

Never had that issue with Apple Pay, but that can happen if the associated physical card (or just a physical card used to pay) has been blocked due to fraud. In some banks they're linked electronically and it'll be instant (i.e. the card still exists but is blocked for debits but not credits) but in others it's a manual process that can go wrong.

It may not be a bad plan to ask for evidence of the refund including transaction reference numbers etc (i.e. basically a receipt) and follow that up with the bank. Though really it shouldn't have been left 2-3 months as the records may be hard to get; refunds should take no more than a week.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I’ve not had an issue with refunds on Apple Pay (and I did get a rather large one from Eurostar a couple of years ago via Apple Pay).

The OP really needs to contact Greater Anglia about this and get them to do a trace on the payment. Anything we say is really just speculation.

Alex C.

This may not be easy but GA should be able to provide you with the ARN (acquirer reference number) which is the unique reference for any transaction (debit or refund) to track the refund through the system. Your card issuer can then use this to track the transaction.

The difficulty will come from both finding someone at GA who either has access to the reference in their merchant system, or who is confident to escalate it to the appropriate person, alongside getting your bank to actually investigate and not just redirect you to GA.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I'd ask the bank for a chargeback. If it has been refunded this will "find" it. If it hasn't, it will serve GA right for lieing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.