• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb railfreight trainee train driver west midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crayzeuk

Yes I thought something should come through this week with it been less than 2 weeks til we start. Great stuff. Cant PM my phone number for the whatsapp group as I must not have hit my post quota yet!

Scotty79

Hi guys had an interview in December and a medical 2 weeks ago does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a start date

TTD85

Hi guys had an interview in December and a medical 2 weeks ago does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a start date
I had my interview in March 2019 and started December 2019. However others on my course had an interview in October 2019. Can be a short time or long. Where will you be based? I’m just on a night shift doing the RO shunting training before we start our Drivers rules in two weeks

Scotty79

I had my interview in March 2019 and started December 2019. However others on my course had an interview in October 2019. Can be a short time or long. Where will you be based? I’m just on a night shift doing the RO shunting training before we start our Drivers rules in two weeks

I’ll be based in Glasgow same role shunting , just waiting to hear back , as I said that’s a month now since interview stage , how long has your training been and are you nearly up to speed ?

TTD85

I’ll be based in Glasgow same role shunting , just waiting to hear back , as I said that’s a month now since interview stage , how long has your training been and are you nearly up to speed ?
We have had two weeks in the classroom and onto our third and final week of the practical element of the RO role.

Scotty79

We have had two weeks in the classroom and onto our third and final week of the practical element of the RO role.

cool no worries , would just like to know what’s happening as not heard anything from medical or if there is a start date

Scotty79

Hi guys , I’m starting training for the RO role in 2 weeks time , what is the deal with accommodation and transport to Peterborough does anyone know , and does anyone know what the training pay is and what date you get paid in the month ?

GB

Established Member
Hi guys , I’m starting training for the RO role in 2 weeks time , what is the deal with accommodation and transport to Peterborough does anyone know , and does anyone know what the training pay is and what date you get paid in the month ?

Next pay date is 28th February then every 4 weeks after that. They will lodge you in a hotel Monday to Friday (you go home on weekends) and they should provide transport (either train tickets or hire car) to get too and from Peterborough. Not sure what the training wage is but believe it’s around the 19k mark, but don’t quote on that .

Scotty79

Cheers for your reply , do you know when they send your contract out as still waiting on mine and I start a week on Monday

Claire-r

Yeah I asked same question, I think few weeks learning ground staff role then actually hands on until the driver course starts, brand new training rooms and simulator at Peterborough so cant wait,plus we get put up in hotel ect
Hi, how long is the training course for in Peterborough as a trainee train driver? I have an interview this Friday with GBRF

Claire-r

We talk to andrea often and get updates where possible, join the what's app group
Hi I’m new on here and Andrea emailed me to invite me to interview in Birmingham this Friday 6/3/20 but not given me the address to go to. This is for the trainee train driver for GBRF. if successful, how long is the training for? And what questions are they likely to ask at interview?

Railway123321

Hello! I have an interview for the trainee train manager role coming up, and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on what types of questions are asked? Any specific areas i should focu my preperation on?
Many thanks for your help.

Konik

Hi, make sure interviews are still going, because due to covid situation and lock down there might be some changes.

Railway123321

Hi, make sure interviews are still going, because due to covid situation and lock down there might be some changes.
Sorry Konik i didn't word that very well. What i meant is that i have been offered an interview, but they don't know when it will be due to the Covid situation. But either way i'm going to start preparing now in hope that i will be given a date at some point in the future :)

Claire-r

Hello! I have an interview for the trainee train manager role coming up, and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on what types of questions are asked? Any specific areas i should focu my preperation on?
Many thanks for your help.
My advice would be research the company well. The questions are pretty straight forward competency based. The panel made me feel very relaxed and was able to be myself on the day. No pressure. Although not heard back yet from my interview but that’s down to the covid 19 and has held everything back. I’m prepared to wait and ready when GBRF are ready. You will be ok on the day.

Railway123321

My advice would be research the company well. The questions are pretty straight forward competency based. The panel made me feel very relaxed and was able to be myself on the day. No pressure. Although not heard back yet from my interview but that’s down to the covid 19 and has held everything back. I’m prepared to wait and ready when GBRF are ready. You will be ok on the day.
Thank you Claire, really appreciate it. Will get stuck into prep asap! Good luck and i hope you have passed your interview.

steve1981

Learn the company values and what customers they have,where they operate and have safety critical examples from your work experience.
Good luck
Let us know where your being based and when you start ect.

Claire-r

Thank you Claire, really appreciate it. Will get stuck into prep asap! Good luck and i hope you have passed your interview.
Hi there,
it’s been a while but thought I’d send a quick message to say I am now awaiting a medical assessment. I feel things are really looking up and can’t wait to start training. When that will be I’m not sure. But I am all prepared and ready to start.
Have you heard back yet? Did you have the video com interview? How did you get on?

Status
Not open for further replies.