• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Ideal time to get into GBRf what with all the extra work being won.

benno79

It seems the only way to get in as a trainee is through the Operations Service Delivery Assistants role.

I've emailed their hr a few times but never got a response.

Last edited:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Rail Operator is a good way in to the company.
Always worth calling HR

benno79

I sent them an email regarding the operator role as I don't have trackside experience, I haven't been able to find a number for their HR dept.

GB

Established Member
You could try the general enquiries number and they will probably transfer you or give you the number direct.

General Enquiries: +44 207 904 3393

benno79

Thanks GB, I'll give them a ring
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got the number for HR but no one there at the moment, I'll try them again later.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Gemma is pretty knowledgeable if you can get hold of her. Track side experience isn't a must.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Thanks GB, I'll give them a ring
Got the number for HR but no one there at the moment, I'll try them again later.

Any chance you could PM that number mate? Where abouts would everyone be appying for?

Keiran

benno79

Thanks HSTFan!!! I read the word "should" as there could be some room for manoeuvre.

I'd be more than happy to go in as a rail operator and work my way up, the thing is to go in as an operations service delivery assistant would mean halving my current salary.

I know we all have to make sacrifices to get where we want to in life but I couldn't take such a hit in salary as it stands at the moment.
yeah sure you have pm :)
Peterborough would be ideal for me, but to be honest I'd be happy to go anywhere.

GB

Established Member
Don't think Peterborough has or will have ROs. The static nature of the RO position doesn't align well with the jobs Peterborough ground staff have. There are RO's at Whitemoor and Felixstowe though.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I expect Whitemoor will be looking for RO's due to staff progressing to TM's

benno79

Thanks GB, Whitemoor would be ok, Felixstowe would be a bit of a struggle but I will see.

I've sent Gemma an email so hopefully she can give me some more information.

benno79

That at the moment basically the only way in as a trainee, inexperienced person would be in the operations service delivery assistants role. I just can't take that cut in salary.
I've sent you a pm.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
That's very strange to hear, Most trainee RO's I've come across have no railway experience whatsoever. Then again looking at the advert it does say experienced which is strange.

Last edited:

GB

Established Member
That's very strange to hear, Most trainee RO's I've come across have no railway experience whatsoever. Then again looking at the advert it does say experienced which is strange.

I suspect that with the next TM course plus the numerous ATM-E courses lined up, there isn't enough capacity to run any RO courses. Shame really.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I suspect that with the next TM course plus the numerous ATM-E courses lined up, there isn't enough capacity to run any RO courses. Shame really.

Need replacements from somewhere! lol

tiptoptaff

Established Member

ATM-E?

What's that....?

benno79

I was told to keep looking at the website and that she looked forward to talking to me again so I haven't given up completely :)

BravoGolfMike

Does anyone know where the driver depots are? I know about Donny, West Mids, Peterborough and Eastleigh, any others?
ATM-E?

What's that....?

I think its the new grade which is basically a driver who only drives in a possession.

ash39

Established Member
I would have thought with the amount of traffic between the two, Drax and Tyne Dock would have drivers operating out of there.

What sort of duties do operations service delivery assistants perform? Not a role I've heard of and the website isn't very forthcoming with detail!

Last edited:

GB

Established Member
ATM-E?

What's that....?

ATM - Assistant Train Manager aka shunter
ATM-E Assistant Train Manager Enhanced aka shunter/yard/possession driver
ATM-P Assistant Train Manager Passed aka shunter/yard driver

Service delivery assistants are basically TOPS clerks.

Last edited:

GB

Established Member
If you mean do I know where the vacancies are then I am afraid I do not.

BravoGolfMike

To be honest I just wanted to know where the drivers are based, see if there's anything near me, see if its worth applying.

laws67

Hi Bo Selecta, you can find out mate by using Wikipedia (GB Railfreight) or look at the jobs and depot page on traindriver.org. Hope that helps.

GB

Established Member
Off the top of my head....

Peterborough
Whitemoor
Felixstowe
Ferme park
Wellingborough
Willesden
Warrington
Liverpool
Temple Mills
Tyne Dock
Tonbridge
Hoo junction
Warrington
Bristol
Eastleigh
Doncaster

I'm sure there are a few northern depots I have missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.