• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Rail Tour 2021: This time it's personal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
The buffet had been closed and they were using it as a place without carpets and other passengers.

No more new people seem to be going down with it.

GB

Established Member
Hope they are giving partial refunds for loss of advertised services.

DanNCL

Established Member
No more new people seem to be going down with it.
Unfortunately a few more have come down ill this evening. GBRF seem optimistic about tomorrow, but I can see a lot of people opting not to bother.

Hope they are giving partial refunds for loss of advertised services.
Refunds were offered to those who chose not to board at Exhibition Centre this morning (or had been on overnight, supposed to stay on for Day 3 but didn’t) and no doubt will be offered again to those who choose not to board tomorrow. Those who remained on the train after Exhibition Centre did so knowing about the outbreak, and therefore are not entitled to a refund.

I think that is a reasonable approach for GBRF to take over this.

Both 69001 and 69002 tomorrow. I don’t know if this is true, but someone told me that some people onboard suggested that it’s going to Euston tomorrow, and not Paddington as planned. If anyone could confirm I’d appreciate!!!!

DanNCL

Established Member
Both 69001 and 69002 tomorrow. I don’t know if this is true, but someone told me that some people onboard suggested that it’s going to Euston tomorrow, and not Paddington as planned. If anyone could confirm I’d appreciate!!!!
Just 69001 on the tour tomorrow, working in multiple with a 66. 69002 won’t be part of the tour, and moved to Bescot today with 69001 for additional testing.

liamf656

Novavirus if that’s what it is is contagious for a couple of days.

They really shouldn’t be sending infected people to Hotels in Carlisle!
Where would you expect them to go instead? Some of the passengers are hundreds of miles away from home and they can’t stay on the train overnight…

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
gbrf said:
Good Morning Everyone.

Yesterday was hugely challenging for us as you are no doubt aware as we dealt with an unprecedented situation on board with a small but unusual number of passengers becoming ill.

Today’s train will operate as planned however there will need to be some additional restrictions on board to keep everyone as safe as possible as we get you home.

1 - You will be asked to remain in your booked seat for the duration of the journey and should only leave your seat either to use the WC facilities or to leave the train. Movement through the train will be kept to an absolute minimum.

2 - There will be no catering on board at all today. If you are joining us, please bring your own provisions for the journey.

3 - Please wash your hands when visiting the toilets, and please sanitise them regularly.

4 - Please follow instructions given to you by on board stewards.

The train has been given an enhanced clean again overnight and we do have a small number of additional cleaning measures to carry out this morning. When arriving at Carlisle station we may ask you to remain on the platform for a short time whilst these are completed.

We will continue today to regularly clean all touch points and with your help following the above measures we will get you all home safely.

The decision to operate the train has not been taken lightly, and as always, the well-being of our passengers is our number one priority. Today we very much need your help to ensure we get you home safely.

Update from GBRf about todays tour

Last edited by a moderator:

sftfan1909

The run down from Carlisle this morning was fine, albeit a bit late due to some extra cleaning. Loco change at Preston took a little while and we faltered on departure but fingers crossed we'll have a decent run to Bescot now

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I saw it thundering through Wigan as I was waiting on Wallgate. Great sight of three 50s leading the train.

Can anyone confirm that it’s definitely going to Paddington, and not being diverted to Euston this afternoon?

sftfan1909

Was a huge rumour last night that it would cut off at Acton Main Line and go to Wembley, reverse, and go to Euston
Sorry I meant that nothing has come over the PA regarding it and we are about to set off for Pad - I did hear the rumour yesterday

NSEFAN

Established Member
Was a huge rumour last night that it would cut off at Acton Main Line and go to Wembley, reverse, and go to Euston
Nothing heard about this. As far as we are aware we are going to Paddington with both 69s.

LRV3004

Can anyone confirm that it’s definitely going to Paddington, and not being diverted to Euston this afternoon?
Nothing was mentioned over the PA about Euston and Real Time Trains still shows it as going to Paddington. That said, I got off at New Street and am on my way home!

Andy Orchard

Ianno87

Veteran Member

It isn't necessary to reverse to reach Euston if you go via South West sidings.

DanNCL

Established Member
Definitely Paddington.

Edit: Or maybe not now. Just heard that the 69s have failed at Honeybourne...

Status
Not open for further replies.