• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffer68

Hi all, some help please if possible. Below is the top of a GBRF advert for a Trainee Driver position at Eastleigh. Is asks if you have already passed the Train Driver Psychometric. My question is how would you have already done this and if you don't have it how would you go about getting it?

Thanks

TRAINEE TRAIN MANAGER OPPORTUNITY

Do you have a Pass on the Train Driver Psychometric to the national standard? We are currently recruiting for Trainee Train Managers (Trainee Train Drivers) at Eastleigh

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anglian96

Some will sit the tests with another TOC/FOC and be held into a talent pool but whilst waiting can apply for this having already passed the physiometric tests

Only way to get them completed is by doing them with a TOC/FOC and I also believe there's a private company who also let you sit them but at a high fee and quite a waiting list

Buffer68

Some will sit the tests with another TOC/FOC and be held into a talent pool but whilst waiting can apply for this having already passed the physiometric tests

Only way to get them completed is by doing them with a TOC/FOC and I also believe there's a private company who also let you sit them but at a high fee and quite a waiting list

That makes sense then Chad, thanks for your insight. In other words GBRF aren't including these tests as part of the recruitment process but like you say, if you already have them you can apply.

Back to the drawing board then!

Cheers
Paul

anglian96

That makes sense then Chad, thanks for your insight. In other words GBRF aren't including these tests as part of the recruitment process but like you say, if you already have them you can apply.

Back to the drawing board then!

Cheers
Paul
It's a good recruitment tactic from GB to steal drivers that are already good to go. Clever but sneaky haha good luck with whatever you do mate

Buffer68

It's a good recruitment tactic from GB to steal drivers that are already good to go. Clever but sneaky haha good luck with whatever you do mate
Exactly - unfortunately I haven’t passed the test so can’t apply. Will keep looking at all avenues!

Status
Not open for further replies.