• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GCR Diesel gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Was aiming to go originally but just started colledge today and tbh i cant afford it... that and im off to the Swindon model railway exhibition event on sat and the Woking exhibition on sunday...

sounds good though...

rich

Established Member
Was going to pop over tonight for the beerex but decided not to in the end, may have a look in Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrub Hill

popped over today for the big engine day, the class 37 was replaced by 50007 on its run due to battery problems but they are hopeful it will be ready for tonight when both are expected to top and tail ,other than that all looking good

theblackwatch

Established Member
Saturday and Sunday I'll be on duty at Loughborough all day and on the beerexs. Probably on the beerex tomorrow night as well.

I shall be on the beerex tomorrow night. Fish & Chips plus a pint for a fiver behind 55019 ticks the boxes for me!

Tomnick

Established Member
Loughborough late turn tomorrow for me, then earlies at Rothley on Sunday. Sadly that rules out the beerex, but might get out for a ride tomorrow lunchtime before booking on at 1500!

mallard

Established Member
I was there all day today and will be there tomorrow, can't do Sunday unfortunately.

To update the situation with the 37, it was "only" a flat battery and it was up and running in time to take over the 50's 3PM run. (i.e. the locos on the 1:40PM and 3PM departures from Loughborough and their return runs were swapped).

Status
Not open for further replies.