• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GEML Disruption - 02/01/24

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Greater Anglia has been in severe disruption since about 0900, reports of a complete loss of signalling in the Chelmsford & Ingatestone area. As you can see they’ve put out a Do Not Travel notice, so disruption expected most of the day.

Due to all the signalling systems between Chelmsford and Ingatestone having failed, trains are unable to run on the following routes:

•Liverpool Street - Braintree

•Liverpool Street - Colchester Town

•Liverpool Street - Clacton-on-Sea

•Liverpool Street - Harwich International/Town

•Liverpool Street - Ipswich

•Liverpool Street - Norwich

PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL IF YOUR JOURNEY ISN'T NESCESSARY.

There was a big blockade over the Xmas period in preparation for Beaulieu Park station so you wonder if it is somehow related.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LAX54

Established Member
Normal working resumed at 1030, but obviously will be playing catch up now for a while, happened at 0830, resumed 1030 :)

nellystew

Why does this always come to mind when there's a problem after works have been done?! :D

unplug.gif

Gotta be some time since there has been major disruption like this, I glanced at the title and just assume it was the GWML as normal :D

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Gotta be some time since there has been major disruption like this, I glanced at the title and just assume it was the GWML as normal :D

That is always the assumption ;)

The impact appears to have been contained well though and trains seem to be running through albeit with ad-hoc delays and cancellations.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
It does seem a little when it goes to “complete signal failure” to “normal running” pretty much instantly!
Sorted by turning everything off and switching it back on again?

Fairly sure it'll actually have been a lot more complicated than that! :s

exbrel

there was a problem this last week, Seimans was doing some up-grading i think, and caused a problem which stopped traffic, now do they get fined or have to pay compensation, also what happens if maintenance work over runs as that seems regular nowadays...

Class15

On Moderation
At Ipswich waiting for 17:47 to London Liverpool Street (1P55) and there’s now a tree on the line. Anyone have any updates?

Nevermind I’m back in London now, eventually got home. A very interesting journey however including a packed 3 car 755 from Ipswich to Colchester!

Last edited: