• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Medicinal cannabis?

And there is the winner!

British Sugar grows a huge amount of medicinal marijuana at its site in Wissington near Kings Lynn, in greenhouses previously used to grow tomatoes. Largest single contribution to the UKs total export quantity, which is the largest in the world.

Gloster

Established Member
Which film did Len Deighton have his name removed from the credits of, something he later described as ‘stupid and infantile’?

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I know the answer, having consulted Mr W Pedia to check. I did this to check whether what I thought was the answer was ... but it wasn't, although I now know what the correct one is. Will you allow me to give it, please?

Gloster

Established Member
Cooking was a great interest of his but don’t know if a film was made.

No, the interest was not cooking.

I know the answer, having consulted Mr W Pedia to check. I did this to check whether what I thought was the answer was ... but it wasn't, although I now know what the correct one is. Will you allow me to give it, please?

I will give at bit longer as I have one or two clues.

No, but this is the right area (broadly) of interest.

Gloster

Established Member
Oh! What a Lovely War?

Correct. Deighton had purchased the rights to make the film (possibly with others), was one of the producers and largely wrote the screenplay. He felt that others were taking too much credit and to shame them asked for his name to be removed.

To you to shout: Action.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Correct. Deighton had purchased the rights to make the film (possibly with others), was one of the producers and largely wrote the screenplay. He felt that others were taking too much credit and to shame them asked for his name to be removed.

To you to shout: Action.
Thank you.

Next question:

What is a Nixie tube?