• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Central Station Railway Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I've seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forum and would like to know more about it.

I've googled it, and found that it's connected to the station tours. However, the reports that I've found don't say whether it is only accessible as part of a tour, or whether it's something that can be visited separately.

Does anyone know what the position is and where I can find more information, please?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
I and two friends had booked the Central Station Tour - including the museum - on Wednesday 19th January. However, unfortunately, the tours have now been cancelled until further notice due to the current Covid restrictions in Scotland.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Thanks, that's very useful.

I've had a look at their web site and, although it doesn't mention the museum, it looks pretty good.

I'll have to make a note to try to take the tour when I'm next in Glasgow.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
There’s certainly a very good insight apart of one of BBC Scotland’s episodes of Inside Central Station. It doesn’t directly answer your questions but you’ll likely to be somewhat interested. I believe the relevant episode is S3 Ep5 based upon the caption in iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012cyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.