• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow - London Terminals Off Peak Return - Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrball

I note this ticket restriction has changed as per title.

IIRC there was previously 2 any permitted fares, one slightly more expensive by about £2.

Is this change part of the fare simplification process?

Based on restrictions I assume ticket would be valid on direct WCML services, travel via Edinburgh and ECML and even MML via Derby and onwards?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
You might want to update the title then. Your title says "Glasgow to London Terminals", but the example you have just given is from London Euston to Glasgow Central.

For what it's worth it's 3A from Glasgow to London, hence my question.

alistairlees

Established Member
I note this ticket restriction has changed as per title.

IIRC there was previously 2 any permitted fares, one slightly more expensive by about £2.

Is this change part of the fare simplification process?

Based on restrictions I assume ticket would be valid on direct WCML services, travel via Edinburgh and ECML and even MML via Derby and onwards?

I can't see how there might once have been two Any Permitted fares between the same locations. Maybe you are thinking of the "Virgin Trains only" one on this route which is a pound or two cheaper than the Any Permitted?

Anyway, to answer your question, the Any Permitted Glasgow to London (and vice versa) is indeed valid via Edinburgh and the east coast; via Settle, Leeds and the midland mainline; and via a number of other places (like Birmingham).

Furrball

So it is, apologies!

http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=0433&dest=EUS
I can't see how there might once have been two Any Permitted fares between the same locations. Maybe you are thinking of the "Virgin Trains only" one on this route which is a pound or two cheaper than the Any Permitted?

Anyway, to answer your question, the Any Permitted Glasgow to London (and vice versa) is indeed valid via Edinburgh and the east coast; via Settle, Leeds and the midland mainline; and via a number of other places (like Birmingham).

Right - I will go back to sleep as having a mare on posting! Anyway thanks for clarifying on the validity of routing!

Status
Not open for further replies.