• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Sleeper mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ,

Another journey I’m having difficultly finding the mileage for is London Euston to Glasgow Caledonian Sleeper .. I’m guessing the same as Avanti ‘ s service ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Good morning ,

Another journey I’m having difficultly finding the mileage for is London Euston to Glasgow Caledonian Sleeper .. I’m guessing the same as Avanti ‘ s service ?
If it takes the direct route, it is the same distance as Avanti's service via that direct route.

There are some nights when a diversion runs via either Northampton or the West Midlands.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Good morning ,

Mileage for the direct route would be the same for any operator, it doesn't change.

However the sleeper is often subject to various diversions, particularly at weekends and on Bank Holidays due to engineering work.

xotGD

Established Member
As the sleeper is a longer train, the front of the train starts that bit closer to Glasgow.

Therefore the mileage is that little bit less.

12LDA28C

Established Member
As the sleeper is a longer train, the front of the train starts that bit closer to Glasgow.

Therefore the mileage is that little bit less.

The same amount less as if your berth is at the rear of the train departing Euston in fact... unless you walk all the way to the front before arrival at Glasgow, or reverse en route.

Status
Not open for further replies.