• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Golders Green Coach & Tube Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, this coming Sunday morning I am coming back to London Victoria on the National Express Coach from the Midlands, (it's easier than, train/bus/train/train.)

I think the coach calls at Golders Green and I was wondering as I have to get my homeward bound train from Waterloo or Clapham Junction, if it would be any quicker to get off at Golders Green & get the Northern Line direct to Waterloo. Does anyone know on Sunday around 1100 am how frequent the Northern line trains are, and how long does it take to get Waterloo from there? Are the coach and underground station at Golders Green near each other?

Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
On Sundays trains from Golders Green via Charing + run every 6½-7 Min and via the City at the same frequency. I always advise boarding the first train (very front car, second set of doors on the Edgware branch) and changing at Camden Town, as this is most often quicker, and never slower, than waiting for a direct train.

Golders Green to Waterloo on a direct train is 22 - 24 Min.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
On Sundays trains from Golders Green via Charing + run every 6½-7 Min and via the City at the same frequency. I always advise boarding the first train (very front car, second set of doors on the Edgware branch) and changing at Camden Town, as this is most often quicker, and never slower, than waiting for a direct train.

Golders Green to Waterloo on a direct train is 22 - 24 Min.

Ok, thank you for that, very useful advice, yes I would take the first train at change at Camden Town if necessary. :)

Just found out that infact coach does not stop at Golders Green but Finchley Road which would be fine for Jubilee line to Waterloo, however there is track work on that line too, so I may as well stay on the coach to Victoria. Oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.