• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good news and bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
I have got good news and some bad news, ill start with the bad and end with the good,:?:

Here is the bad news:?

The bad news is i will be leaving silverlink county, due to a change of circumsatnce's (spelt wrong ), i dont want to leave because i really do enjoy the job it beats working for a living, and will be sad to leave, after 2 and a half years of doing nothing (apart from carrying out my duties) going to and from work, i thought i would try moving up the ladder, its a shame because there will be no more spotting cl313/ 87015/ rj and julian and other spotters along the way ( spotter spotting is a good past time?), the only good thing about leaving is no more " ticket's please" and working on dessies.

now you wondering why im leaving?

Here is the good news.:-P:grin:

I recently went and sat a few test and interview's, i passed them all and have now been offered a job as a trainee train driver with First Capital Connect based at bedford, i am looking forwad to starting, and all the hard work that goes with it, it should take about 1-2 years to pass out? then i will be a quallified driver and the money will be very usefull indeed. plus its a longer route from bedford to brighton plus the south london loop, and another route that they are taking over from south eastern?, better than london to rugby and the mv line.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
I have got good news and some bad news, ill start with the bad and end with the good,:?:

Here is the bad news:?

The bad news is i will be leaving silverlink county, due to a change of circumsatnce's (spelt wrong ), i dont want to leave because i really do enjoy the job it beats working for a living, and will be sad to leave, after 2 and a half years of doing nothing (apart from carrying out my duties) going to and from work, i thought i would try moving up the ladder, its a shame because there will be no more spotting cl313/ 87015/ rj and julian and other spotters along the way ( spotter spotting is a good past time?), the only good thing about leaving is no more " ticket's please" and working on dessies.

now you wondering why im leaving?

Here is the good news.:-P:grin:

I recently went and sat a few test and interview's, i passed them all and have now been offered a job as a trainee train driver with First Capital Connect based at bedford, i am looking forwad to starting, and all the hard work that goes with it, it should take about 1-2 years to pass out? then i will be a quallified driver and the money will be very usefull indeed. plus its a longer route from bedford to brighton plus the south london loop, and another route that they are taking over from south eastern?, better than london to rugby and the mv line.

Good luck with everything then!

Ascot

Established Member
Good luck with it all mate. Looks like you escaped London Midland.

EDIT: Yes anorak spotting is good, just when the picture of you appears in a mag half alseep.

mbonwick

Established Member
Congratulations! :wav:

I wish you all the best and above all:

GOOD LUCK!

Coxster

Established Member
Really well done mate. Saw something about this on RailChat. As for the time it takes to pass out - one of my mates (albeit on SouthEastern) took just 10 and a half months. I am now a semi-regular commuter on the former Thameslink side between Farringdon and London Bridge so maybe our paths will finally cross one day. Not been entirely successful on previous meet-ups have we :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
New service is a fallacy anyway, there always used to be more cross london journey opportunities than there are now.
I'm pretty sure that the Thameslink 'brand' served Sevenoaks back in NSE days? I'm sure it was mentioned in the '1066' driver's eye view production by Video 125.

Established Member
Congratulations Westcoaster! All the new promises of 'London Midland' couldn't tempt you into staying then :lol:

When do you finish with Silverlink, give me a shout if you want some 'posed' phots at Leighton of your last week/day or anything.

Jim

Established Member
Don't forget, you should be able to keep things like NFM and ticket machine manuals, don't give anything back they don't ask for, normally they want Rulebook and Sectional Appendix, plus a few other bits and bobs

westcoaster

Established Member
thanks for the comments guys , got a while to wait yet, dont start till mid october , ill still be on here

Status
Not open for further replies.