• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Govia Thameslink offence

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
They’ve emailed confirming it all. Guess I’ll wait for the court documents and contact a solicitor.
It would be good to see the court papers when you receive them.

Assuming everything is in order witht he court papers then I would look to hire a solicitor to see if they can negotiate with GTR.

Jimcarey59

Hi all, I’m extremely glad to say I’ve managed to settle this out of court through a solicitor - Manak Solicitors.

Manak’s fee was £600 and my out of court settlement was similar to this. After reviewing my journeys and calculating how much I’d avoided, the out of court settlement was pretty fair and accurate to what I’d skimped out on.

I’d definitely recommend their services if you are in a similar situation. Even though I was at the stage where I had received court documents, Manak turned it around.

Lesson learned & huge weight off of the shoulders. Also many thanks to people on here who helped / contributed to the thread.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi all, I’m extremely glad to say I’ve managed to settle this out of court through a solicitor - Manak Solicitors.

Manak’s fee was £600 and my out of court settlement was similar to this. After reviewing my journeys and calculating how much I’d avoided, the out of court settlement was pretty fair and accurate to what I’d skimped out on.

I’d definitely recommend their services if you are in a similar situation. Even though I was at the stage where I had received court documents, Manak turned it around.

Lesson learned & huge weight off of the shoulders. Also many thanks to people on here who helped / contributed to the thread.
Thanks for update. Good to hear this given the trouble you were having with this case and efforts to resolve it at earlier stages. I can imagine this is a big relief.

Haywain

Veteran Member

Glad you've got it sorted, and thanks for coming back to tell us what happened.