• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern disruption tonight (20/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Now I know what it feels like to be caught up in chaos on Great Northern! It's an absolute shambles at Finsbury Park, hundreds of people on the suburban platforms and one member of staff is trying to give out information for platforms 7 and 8. The only problem is he's ignoring the computer. A driver just shouted at him for announcing the wrong information and a whole train had to de-train! Utterly embarrassing service I'm afraid...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Now I know what it feels like to be caught up in chaos on Great Northern! It's an absolute shambles at Finsbury Park, hundreds of people on the suburban platforms and one member of staff is trying to give out information for platforms 7 and 8. The only problem is he's ignoring the computer. A driver just shouted at him for announcing the wrong information and a whole train had to de-train! Utterly embarrassing service I'm afraid...

I won't go into detail but I know what you're referring to here, I was speaking to that driver that evening who was saying how bad it was.

I was working that day and information coming though wasn't great as one train was advertised as cancelled throughout then I could see it running on the computer only to be told upon its approach to my station that it was now cancelled. I know it's difficult to recover the service as trains were turning around at Drayton Park to ease congestion at Kings Cross but sometimes it's just the case of having to make to with whatever info you get.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Points failure locked up Moorgate big time - and at least 4 trains had to run "wrong road" - empty - to Drayton Park from the tunnel section to clear the lne and let the S+T in. Not something you really want to be doing - and incredibly tricky to organize and manage -one at a time of course ....(whilst the main peak somehow had to be kept going after a fashion - in no doubt very tricky circumstances with passengers all over the place)

Status
Not open for further replies.