• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia application - stupid question sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

929_Fireblade

Hi
first post but i have been reading a while
just want to ask

ive applied for a few jobs 2 are being processed as i have passed the online application and assesment

i recently applied for greater anglia as a driver though
and want to know

my application had a score of 61 is this good / bad i cant find anything on it and ive heard nothing from them
its only been a week though

other two are with network rail and are going fine

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baldieman

My current status online is 'your application is under consideration'. Pretty self explanatory I guess but if anyone knows whether this is a good sign i would be grateful to know?! :D

Nestor

I too scored 60 with application under consideration. There are forum members who may know GA's s pass mark, please?

SPADTrap

Established Member
I scored 71 and is under consideration, no idea what it means though!

mr double 77

I've just checked mine and also score of 60 under consideration, I should imagine its a good thing, probably means were past the sifting stage fingers crossed, I've also got a couple of driver applications on going with other TOCs, good look to all that apply and with all the current advertisements, regarding driver roles for various TOCs around the country,especially in 2014 we will all be on training courses in the near future :D

Alan1310

I got 64 word on the grapevine is they are sifting out low scores now but we won't hear until march about assessments

outseyuk

Just to add to this, I had my assessments in September so have been awaiting a DM interview since.

I was told (admittedly over the phone by one of the staff filling in the HR role that was vacated recently) that DM interviews may be held in January for previous applicants with the intake for training starting in March/April. I would assume from that, that assessment days may well take place early in the new year.

Good luck.

rob12

Where you guys getting your scores from? mine just says ''this application under consideration'' and that's it did send an email today to say I have passed assessments with another Toc does anybody know what assessments GA carry out are they the same as FGW? any info greatly appreciated

929_Fireblade

Thanks for all your answers good luck all and it would be nice to hear how you all get on

ive applied for bishops stortford finger crossed

rob12

Hi does anybody have a contact number for the HR department please I could really do with talking to someone about my app cheers Guys

Alan1310

Hi does anybody have a contact number for the HR department please I could really do with talking to someone about my app cheers Guys

i have found that HR tend not to talk to you until after the short-listing stage try giving customer services a call

Lrd

Established Member
Where you guys getting your scores from? mine just says ''this application under consideration'' and that's it did send an email today to say I have passed assessments with another Toc does anybody know what assessments GA carry out are they the same as FGW? any info greatly appreciated
Download the PDF file.

Rjhsteel

I'm a depot driver already and passed the drivers assessments to get that job. I'm hoping I don't need to redo the tests. Any ideas?

baldieman

Same here Nestor. Pity really, pretty sure they place a large emphasis on the application itself and not the applicants working background in terms of suitability. You would think a qualified commercial pilot might get a look in otherwise wouldn't you! :(

Waikikibaby

I had a 'score' of 59 and was turned down today but it might also be that I failed my assessment 2 (MMI) last week. I left application open as I wondered if I'd get through first stage even though I knew I'd have to withdraw it for 6 moonths. Good luck everyone else x

Alan1310

Mine still says under consideration so I will keep my fingers crossed sorry to hear about you guys but keep applying this will be my 3rd attempt and getting a drivers job

929_Fireblade

Sorry to hear about the nos I've still not heard yet
Getting butterflies now though as I must be getting an answer soon
Fingers still crossed
I did hear back from another application today though and didn't get it that was with network rail
Been practicing some of the tests and they don't seem too bad also makes loads of difference between on paper and on screen
I just need to get to the tests stage

rob12

well, I scored 62 and have also got the ''no thank you''!!!! so I'm out and I have full passes so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it to much don't know what their looking for but your right, how can they knock back a fully qualified commercial airline pilot???? in my 6 month processes to become a driver I still don't know what they expect or are looking for, I owned a long haul removal company crossing continent's 5 trucks and covering hundreds of thousands of miles and I still haven't got a job and my latest offer didn't get past the app stage so............. plus I know an ex RAF bomb loader 15 yrs in he has and they knocked him back at the DM? shame I don't have a brother, sister, farther, or a cousin 5 times removed in the game because I'm sure I would be sitting pretty right now!!!

929_Fireblade

I got 61 and have not heard so I'm guessing the games up if they rejected at 62
Well that's just dampened my evening :(

SPADTrap

Established Member
I trained as a pilot first so not looking good for me either!! :lol:

Nestor

You should in theory 'Pass' through to Driver Mgr interview if you are in ticket, as you are already qualified in traction?

rob12

You might get through with 61, I think the scores are for the situation test they may not of liked the look of my work history or my personal statements or the wording of my app it could of been anything or even the fact that I have taken the tests with another TOC in the last 6 months don't worry until you know the outcome

Kyle0115

I got an email of rejection yesterday and so did someone else from my company, both qualified conductors I had 50 and he had 58 so no idea what they are looking for unless lots of people got 65+ and that's what they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.