• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia London - Norwich Seat Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfisher21

Hi, I have been told they don't do seat reservations on London - Norwich trains any more, can anyone confirm that ? Presumably this came in with the new stock ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lxfe_mxtterz

Yes, that is true - they don't offer seat reservations any more, unfortunately. I'm not sure of the reasons (as the new trains are equipped with reservation screens above the seats), but I'm sure the reservations were scrapped even before the introduction of the 745s, as I remember travelling to Ipswich on the old stock and seat reservations weren't possible.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Seat reservations were initially dropped for the fleet transition, to give flexibility to deploy either a 745 or Mk 3 set, as the seat/coach numbering is completely different.

dk1

Veteran Member
Should return eventually but no timescale. They where suspended during the transition to new trains then came Covid.

dk1

Veteran Member
Thanks for your replies, hoping it will not be too busy!
They have got very busy but remember there are now around 750 seats on every train. You’ll be fine & almost every service from 06:00 up/08:30 down will have catering in the form of cafe bar, trolley & often both.

Status
Not open for further replies.