• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marvin1979

anyone heard anything today? I've been invited to complete some online assessments , not sure what they are as I've already completed the sj assessments, any ideas?

NJS71

Chances are it will be a duplicate email. I had 3 duplicate emails with my SJT link. Try clicking the link, betting is it takes you to your page which will say you’ve completed it.

Marvin1979

Chances are it will be a duplicate email. I had 3 duplicate emails with my SJT link. Try clicking the link, betting is it takes you to your page which will say you’ve completed it.
clicked on it, the previous is showing completed but this looks like a new one, looks as though it's an sjt again tho

NJS71

Hmmm, maybe try and contact GA and question it.

Have you applied for depot & mainline?

Mabs

Still don’t quite get this job. Is it for qualified train drivers moving over to freight? If it for a trainee, how would they have track knowledge etc?! And where is it? I have noooo clue about the above lol
You could be right. It could be for a qualified train driver that is a trainee freight driver. Anyway I still applied so I will wait and see if they reply.

Got an email yesterday inviting me for an assessment day on the 31st at their office in Stratford.

They don’t have a phone number on their website as such but they do have a “live chat” feature which I used to speak to them once a week.

B Boy 82

Got an email yesterday inviting me for an assessment day on the 31st at their office in Stratford.

They don’t have a phone number on their website as such but they do have a “live chat” feature which I used to speak to them once a week.
Is that for Greater Anglia? If so congrats. The shortlisting must have started now I guess.

Shrimpercj

When did you do your SJT & Application?

Mekiz79

I just done the live chat and they confirmed that I passed the online assessment, and because I have already passed the assessments with another TOC it looks like I am just waiting on an interview for the next part.

Marvin1979

I just done the live chat and they confirmed that I passed the online assessment, and because I have already passed the assessments with another TOC it looks like I am just waiting on an interview for the next part.

how many sjt assessments have you completed on this application so far mate?

Mekiz79

Just the one. But I've passed all the assessment centres and DMI with Crossrail late last year, I'm applying for GA because Crossrail have no vacancies (bit of a joke really!!)

Dscs

Just the one. But I've passed all the assessment centres and DMI with Crossrail late last year, I'm applying for GA because Crossrail have no vacancies (bit of a joke really!!)
I've heard Crossrail are recruiting internally again and this will potentially go live to the public soon for trainee drivers.

jm000

Hey Craig,

Well done for getting to the assessment day. :)

What assessments have you done online already? I’ve just done the SJT myself so far.

Mekiz79

I've heard Crossrail are recruiting internally again and this will potentially go live to the public soon for trainee drivers.

Yeah only for the depots that they are short for (none of which are remotely near me). The depot I have applied for is overloaded with drivers to the point that they sit around doing nothing most of the time!

Gooner18

Can’t imagine Crossrail Going external again , especially with how many are waiting etc

DmdBey

Afternoon All!

Don't know if this helps anyone. I applied back on 8th April. My application score was 10.
The 9th of April I recieved 5 emails (yes i too recieved mote than one) asking me to complete some online assessments of which we all know now to be the SJT Test. After seeing a few posts earlier regarding the assessment day, I contacted the web recruitment chat, spoke a helpful lad who was able to tell me that I had passed my SJT and applications are being looked at as we speak. Which confirms what was said above.

Just wanted to let you guys know my journey so far! If it helps anyone out at all haha.

UPS1550

Afternoon All!

Don't know if this helps anyone. I applied back on 8th April. My application score was 10.
The 9th of April I recieved 5 emails (yes i too recieved mote than one) asking me to complete some online assessments of which we all know now to be the SJT Test. After seeing a few posts earlier regarding the assessment day, I contacted the web recruitment chat, spoke a helpful lad who was able to tell me that I had passed my SJT and applications are being looked at as we speak. Which confirms what was said above.

Just wanted to let you guys know my journey so far! If it helps anyone out at all haha.
Same as well, he said they go by what you write more than your score though

DepotDosser

Afternoon All!

Did exactly the same thing. My application score was a 12 (have no idea what that means and why) and passed the SJT according to the bloke on the chat. He said they have had vast amounts of applicants and they are getting through them all. Best of luck all it’s a waiting game!

Lee Saunders

Did exactly the same thing. My application score was a 12 (have no idea what that means and why) and passed the SJT according to the bloke on the chat. He said they have had vast amounts of applicants and they are getting through them all. Best of luck all it’s a waiting game!

Hi all. How do you find out your results for the assessment? Is there a way? eg live chat or just wait to be emailed? Thanks.

DepotDosser

Hi all. How do you find out your results for the assessment? Is there a way? eg live chat or just wait to be emailed? Thanks.

I did the live chat as I saw someone else got the info via that. It can be tricky to load up though and connect I found but they seem to come on and answer straight away during the day.

Lee Saunders

I did the live chat as I saw someone else got the info via that. It can be tricky to load up though and connect I found but they seem to come on and answer straight away during the day.
Ok thanks. Where is the chat bit located? Do you have to do it on the desktop or can you do it on phone? Thanks

Marvin1979

yes we are in the same boat by the looks of it mate, I've passed the lot with another TOC and am in a talent pool, passed the sjt here so fingers crossed will be invited to interview soon

tempuser

Like a few others here, I found out that I passed my SJT (delighted because I thought I'd failed) but HR did say it is going to take months for them to get through all the applicants. They're really good on the chat feature. Patience is a ....

Status
Not open for further replies.