• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Green Party and Future Rail Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Why is she expected to lose her seat? Has she done anything to annoy the electorate? Has one of her rivals done something to gain support?

http://brightonhovelabour.com/2013/...s-and-greens-in-shock-brighton-and-hove-poll/

Labour are set to win control of Brighton and Hove City Council in the next local elections, a new local opinion poll shows. Labour has opened up a huge 13% lead over the Conservatives, with the Greens falling from first to third place, 17% behind.

I expect that a lot of green voters will also be put off by a prominent green Brighton councillor describing British armed forces as "Hired Killers" on Armed Forces Day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Press release by a rival political party? I wouldn't put too much faith in that.

Anyway people behave in strange ways when it comes to the general election. "Better the devil you know..." and all that.

Butts

Veteran Member
Press release by a rival political party? I wouldn't put too much faith in that.

Anyway people behave in strange ways when it comes to the general election. "Better the devil you know..." and all that.

However in a marginal seat you can be the greatest thing since sliced bread and still get the elbow due to the vagaries of the Electoral System/ Electorate.

Y961 XBU

One of the Green Party's Rail Proposals is the Connect St Helens project that would see 3 new Railway Stations, the re-opening of the St Helens Link Line, would connect St Helens Central better by running a couple of new services, probs the re-opening of Platform 3 at St Helens Central to cope with demand and a St Helens local Service connecting St Helens with one service

So far the only part of Proposals that looks close to happening is the Re-opening of the former Carr Mill Railway Station that is now part of the Merseytravel 30 year Rail Project

Come next Local Elections i will be voting Green as i want this Rail Project to happen (last local election the Greens came 2nd in my area)

If anyone wants more details follow the link below, it contains Reasons behind the Proposals and a map of what they want to get

http://sthelens.greenparty.org.uk/campaigns.html

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Anyone who remembers the last years of the Major government or the Labour government of February 1974, let alone recent German governments, will not poo-poo the chances of a couple of Green MPs holding the balance of power after a General Election and being able to have a significant effect on specific bills or measures. In those circumstances (more particularly so now with fixed-term Parliaments) they could scupper HS2 or insist on major changes without being formal coalition partners, or get feasibility studies of tramway systems, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.