• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grosmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

Thinking of staying in Grosmont and of course visiting the NYMR and Whitby. Am put off by the only pub in the village (Station Tavern) having the worst reviews on TripAdvisor I have ever seen for a pub anywhere and am very loth to visit here now. Any comments from locals/enthusiasts/hikers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

william.martin

On Moderation
Thinking of staying in Grosmont and of course visiting the NYMR and Whitby. Am put off by the only pub in the village (Station Tavern) having the worst reviews on TripAdvisor I have ever seen for a pub anywhere and am very loth to visit here now. Any comments from locals/enthusiasts/hikers?
Grosmont is a tiny place, I would advise not staying there at all and going to Pickering (I recommend staying in Isabella cottage or the holiday Inn) as Pickering isn't as busy and chaotic as Whitby however is a proper town with shops unlike Grosmont.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
it was a tidy, clean pub with decent beer last time I went in. I think I might make a special visit to experiance the rudeness described by trip advisor!

Last time I went there was also the crossing club in Grosmont. They did a good beer

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Never tried the one at Grosmont, but plenty of nice boozers in Whitby.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
More hotels and guest houses available at Goathland as well.
Stayed at the 'Heatherdene' hotel in Goathland a few years ago. Can recommend it. Decent enough reviews on TripAdvisor. And a choice of hotels in the village as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.