• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/1878 - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzyfirefly

I got emailed about a month back to do the questionnaire and have just this week completed the mini scaat test, I am waiting again to see if I made it through to an assessment day.
hello Adamski
can you still remember what the mini scat test was

ive passed GTR1 and now have to sit Mini Scaat

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jz2307

That your dmi or mmi?
Have you been told anything about where the training will be or when they want the postings filled?

Zuko

Hello all first time poster here. Just a quick question does anyone know if GTR pay weekly or monthly? Many thanks in advance.

Zuko

Thanks. I read somewhere that it's the last Friday of every month, can anyone confirm this please?

bionic

Railway pay is 4 weekly. You get 13 paydays a year. Date changes each month but one month of the year you get paid twice.

Zuko

Thanks. For the info. Just wish they would hurry up and give me a date for my medical and a start date.

Feesh

Hi guys, got my DMI? end of this month. A selection panel with 2 main interviewers.

GMT

So far I haven't heard a dicky bird from them. I sent them a message about a week ago from their website by logging in but so far nothing, nada, niente, nichts; which is sort of normal with their HR anyway. Some time back I dealt with SWR HR and they are usually the opposite, very prompt. However, I suppose I shouldn't sit the assessment given that I passed it two years ago with them. Are there any other blokes like me who haven't heard anything so far or am I the only lucky one? Good luck to all the others who have already passed interviews and medical.

Terryp1984

New post to this I recently just passed all my mmi does anyone have any insight on the dmi and the questions they might ask? Also does anyone know when and if training will be?
Thanks

Sofia@uk

I applied back in March and still not heard a thing despite emailing recruitment several times with no response.

Be nice just to know either way really
Sorry to say that but same thing happened to my friend he contacted hr and they told him they don’t Recruit any more for orpington, sorry

Sofia@uk

Unfortunately i was unsuccessful in my Dmi but wish u all best of luck.
Make sure u have strong examples of ;
When you had to pass difficult msg a cross and why was it difficult.
When u had to be flexible and how this made u feel.
Example when your passenger wasnt happy with the outcome?
Why do you want to be a driver?
What do u know about the toc?
What obstacles drivers face ?
Thats all i can remember from my questions ;) good luck

wizzyfirefly

I am sitting my assessment day for GTR on 17th Oct at Go Ahead.... anyone else going to that assessment?

Niek88

Does anyone know the 6 MMI question? If its ok 2 disclose them that it is. I have my MMI coming up but i totally forgot what the questions where. Thanks.

KentDriver

Does anyone know the 6 MMI question? If its ok 2 disclose them that it is. I have my MMI coming up but i totally forgot what the questions where. Thanks.
Don't panic, you'll have the opportunity to read through the question and the examples you wrote down, before having to explain your examples in more detail.

Niek88

Don't panic, you'll have the opportunity to read through the question and the examples you wrote down, before having to explain your examples in more detail.
Thanks for your response. I feel much more confident knowing this.

Niek88

Anybody on the forum waiting on a course date? Any news when potential courses will be; does march sound right? I was given fantastic news yesterday. I passed my MMI & DMI. Absolutely over the moon! Good luck 2 those that are still going through the process.

wizzyfirefly

Anybody on the forum waiting on a course date? Any news when potential courses will be; does march sound right? I was given fantastic news yesterday. I passed my MMI & DMI. Absolutely over the moon! Good luck 2 those that are still going through the process.
brilliant news NIEK88

Zuko

Well done on your news. I'm in the same boat at the moment. Spoke to Trudy-Ann from HR at the beginning of this month and she said March is most likely when the courses will start again. I think it's most likely because of some people are probably going to be finished on their course and trainers will become available. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Niek88

So its just a matter of waiting. Will there be courses for each vacancy (Hornsey/Cricklewood/Orpington? Or do you think successful applicants from each vacancies will be merged into one class?

Status
Not open for further replies.