• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomnick

Established Member
Found Norwich to be quite a respectable city myself! Though that wasn't where I was when I took that photo...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Well, pretty much all of 1288gaje's photos are on the West London Line, so you can bet your life it is somewhere along there!

T

Tom

1288gaje, TBH - your picture was not specific enough, so stop smiling!

Met Driver

Established Member
The photo is far too obscure and could have been taken at any number of locations, but at a guess it is between West Brompton and Clapham Junction.

Met Driver

Established Member
North Kensington does not exist as a location with any relation to railways, so perhaps (since you've decided to reveal the answer) you could tell us where it in terms of nearby stations etc?

Julian G

Established Member
it's the area north of the West London Line passing under the A40 where the trains put up the pantograph :)
North Kensington near the North Pole Depot and GWML :idea:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have a go at this, taken from a level crossing. Just the approx location will do!

guess1.jpg

I think that's a tough one, so here's a clue.
The view looking to my left (eastbound), taken at the same spot as above. (Note the gradient).

guess2.jpg

I'll give you another clue and say it's within a 30 mile radius of York.

T

Tom

Hehehe, I zoomed into the signal and know where it is... :D

I'm not telling though!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm going to have a stab at this - is it north east of south milford on the Hull-Leeds line, where it crosses the Dearn Valley line?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
laverack2 said:
I'm going to have a stab at this - is it north east of south milford on the Hull-Leeds line, where it crosses the Dearn Valley line?
Good guess but not quite right. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ok the signal is Dxxx, I think you can guess what D stands for. I wont say what the number is for now.
guess3.jpg

This is the view looking west. A slight falling gradient, straight track, flat land.

Tomnick

Established Member
The line between Adwick Jn. and Applehurst Jn. (on the way towards Hatfield & Stainforth), somewhere near the ECML flyover?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tomnick said:
The line between Adwick Jn. and Applehurst Jn. (on the way towards Hatfield & Stainforth), somewhere near the ECML flyover?
Correct!!!

And the signal number is D729, and the view looking east is the ECML flyover, the view looking west is towards Adwick.

This is on the TransPennine Trail cycle route from York/Selby/Hull towards Doncaster.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can't link (directly) to photos on that site.

My guess is Huddersfield

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Rather difficult this, it could be anywhere.

But having looked at the signal codes, I'm going to guess it's somewhere around Reading, if not Reading itself.

Close?

Ben

Jamie C. Steel said:
Rather difficult this, it could be anywhere.

But having looked at the signal codes, I'm going to guess it's somewhere around Reading, if not Reading itself.

Close?

correct its Reading

i wont hotlink again im sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.