• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Finsbury Park.
Either you know the place by sight over many years or you have been watching my Twitter Archive posts... I was hoping the presence of the DMU might confuse people!

Over to you again... :)

Attachments

• Peter Archive 11086.jpg
    Peter Archive 11086.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 17
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Either you know the place by sight over many years or you have been watching my Twitter Archive posts... I was hoping the presence of the DMU might confuse people!

Over to you again... :)
I only go to Finsbury Park when I have to !. Maybe twenty times in my life. I felt it had to be a NSE DMU in an unusual location. Not a small station but 25KV AC and London/SE (NSE). I went through a few ideas (WCML - Marston Vale, St Albans). Then started thinking about the ECML - maybe because it looked like the station was on a viaduct so I settled on Finsbury Park. Straight away recognised what looked like the platforms either side of a single track (could be wishful thinking I thought). It all looked a bit different to nowadays (greener and less concrete/dereliction then) so something has possibly gone. What nailed it was thinking the layout of "Welcome to Network Southeast" on the sign had enough room for a name about as long as "Finsbury Park".

OPEN FLOOR.

ls2270

Established Member
Neither Hunts Cross nor Oxted. No one has yet guessed a station from
the correct managing TOC!

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
I reckon its a southwestern station but have no idea which, I will take a complete guess at Holton Heath.

yoyothehobo

Am i correct in thinking that the station appears to have one electrified line, and one none electrified line, or is this a red herring

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Am i correct in thinking that the station appears to have one electrified line, and one none electrified line, or is this a red herring
This is the only clue I am fixated on. But a different (sub) regional boundary.

Wokingham ?.

More likely Guildford.

Last edited: