• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
@gabrielhj07 hasn't logged in since Sunday - I'd give him until the end of the day to post a better picture or a clue before it passes to someone else.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
@gabrielhj07 hasn't logged in since Sunday - I'd give him until the end of the day to post a better picture or a clue before it passes to someone else.
Someone surely must recognise that building in the background at ground level (substation) ?. But I dont.

Its apparently a junction and the platform is on the outside of the track (so not my guess of Willesden Junction).

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I'll take it. Where is this fine example of proper InterCity travel?

Attachments

• Peter Archive 8783.jpg
    Peter Archive 8783.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Nice photo. Really shows a loco and train bursting forward.

I am thinking WCML Trent Valley, The rest of Rugely hiding to the right.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well deduced. Colchester it is.

Taken on April 12th 1993, just before the field in the background was officially vandalised - look carefully and the street lamps for the development are already in place in it...

The tracks in the distance going uphill were the giveaway.

Anyway Open Floor.