• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Can’t really tell what it is. Is it a grill? The side of a unit? Could you expand a little perhaps?
If I expand it any more, it'll give it away, because it's on a very distinctive structure. You are looking at the side of a unit, and the full height of the unit plus a small part of the top of the structure.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If I expand it any more, it'll give it away, because it's on a very distinctive structure. You are looking at the side of a unit, and the full height of the unit plus a small part of the top of the structure.

It goes rather pixelated if I zoom more, but as I feared expaning it would give too much away so I've done the former and I suspect it'll go in minutes now, including the location...

1635459103377.png

_toommm_

Established Member
I knew I'd given away too much with that second version of the image...

800 105 on the Tay Bridge on 4th August with the 14.52 Aberdeen to King's Cross.

I can see it now in the original image. To be fair I had the same assumption as a lot of others that it was some sort of grill/vent, and only now do I see that it includes red.

Here’s my entry:

8986E590-B5F7-43FB-B538-23741BA9E818.jpeg

_toommm_

Established Member
Only just realised how soft this part of the photo is - I think the sunlight was far too bright!

Regardless, here’s the expanded photo:

4C3CDD2D-04AB-49BD-A75C-AF9FD6124442.jpeg