• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guildford to Glasgow and then Glasgow to Haywards Heath or to Guildford, if needs be. (Sat 13 to Mon 15 Oct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Hi there

I'm planning to go to Glasgow this weekend. Out Saturday and return Monday.

If I use split ticketing and my own knowledge I can get a return from Guildford to Glasgow for just over £110.

However, if I put just Glasgow to Haywards Heath into the forums ticketing site for Monday, I am getting a price of around £100 for just one journey. Why is that?

Even without using my own knowledge, I can get a return to Guildford for £133.

I have selected the cheapest and fixed time so surely I should get a price not so far off the one to Guildford for solely the return journey, as one would split in London and the cost from London to Haywards Heath wouldn't be a massive amount more.

Is there something else I can do or should I just do my bookings separately to get the costs down?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
In the end I decided not to travel as I couldn't find a hostel I liked that had availability on the Saturday night.

What I did work out though is that splitting at Coventry could be helpful. At times you may need to tell it to change trains there.

Status
Not open for further replies.