• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Advance tickets - refundable due to Covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLJ

Took advantage of the recent GWR sale to book 2 x advance tickets Bristol Temple Meads -> Paddington for this 16.30 this Friday (Two Together Railcard). My partner has had Covid this week, so we won't travel unless she tests negative on Thursday and Friday.

Is there still any provision for re-booking / refunding tickets due to Covid ('Book with confidence' etc)? Or does it not apply to advance tickets?

Thanks in, er, advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Took advantage of the recent GWR sale to book 2 x advance tickets Bristol Temple Meads -> Paddington for this 16.30 this Friday (Two Together Railcard). My partner has had Covid this week, so we won't travel unless she tests negative on Thursday and Friday.

Is there still any provision for re-booking / refunding tickets due to Covid ('Book with confidence' etc)? Or does it not apply to advance tickets?

Thanks in, er, advance.
If you booked before November 30th they should be covered by the remains of the Book with Confidence scheme but if you booked after that you are limited to changing them with a minimum of £10 per ticket being payable, plus any difference in available fares.

DLJ

If you booked before November 30th they should be covered by the remains of the Book with Confidence scheme but if you booked after that you are limited to changing them with a minimum of £10 per ticket being payable, plus any difference in available fares.
Thanks - I'll enquire at Temple Meads

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It's important to note that any Book with Confidence change/voucher must be requested by 6pm the night before travel (so 6pm this Thursday). Otherwise the normal conditions (i.e. a change fee of up to £10, and no refund/voucher) apply.

DLJ

On what date did you purchase the tickets and where did you purchase them from?
Purchased 25th Nov, from www.gwr.com (during their 'Black Friday' 20% discount promotion'). Total of £27.60 for 2 x advance singles with Two Together Railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.