• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russel

Just a bit of a query really, I've recently done Crewe - Euston on LNWR, both out and back journeys delayed by 15+ minutes so I claimed Delay Repay and within 24 hours it was approved and soon after the money was in my bank.

Now, GWR, I did Pad - Bristol and return which ran on time, no issues, but I also did Bristol - Weston Super Mare to have a ride on one of the castle class HST's, these were separate tickets, the return portion of the Bristol - Weston Super Mare service was delayed by 33 minutes upon arrival into Bristol so I've done a delay repay for this but 4 days later I've heard nothing other than the conformation email from GWR, how long do they usually take to respond and refund?

I know the GWR Delay Repay will only be a small amount, a couple of quid at most and I wouldn't normally go to the effort of claiming it but I've had to postpone said trip twice due to the ongoing RMT fun and games...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Argyle 1980

Recently did a DR with GWR for an Anytime return Saltash to Paddington (£204) and the 1636 Pad-Plym was 46 min down. The previous DR with them took three weeks and it was an isolated delay where nothing else was majorly delayed. This recent one I was very surprised to get a reply 48 hours later as that day there was several delays because of the wire damage between Slough and Pad and points failures. After the second reply saying payment was on it's way it was back on Barclaycard within an hour though I understand it's only that quick sending payment if it's Visa. Am told Mastercard and BACS take a day or two.

DailyCommuter

In my experience the GWR Delay Repay is normally reviewed within a day or two, with the refund via BACS within a couple of days.

In fact my last one was submitted at 07:00 and approved by 21:00 the same day, with the payment processed email within an hour and in my bank account within a couple of days.

Russel

Still nothing.

I've just spotted the link to track the progress in the original email, it wasn't very obvious as it was a plain text link, not a hyperlink.

Still in progress.

mangyiscute

Established Member
I've unfortunately had to claim a lot from GWR delay repay the past couple years and I think every time they've responded within a week and have always given the compensation (besides from one weird occurrence where they paid me the money, then 2 months later they sent me a cheque for £2 for no apparent reason since they'd already paid it)
Imo they are far better than cross country and Avanti who I've claimed from as well, who usually take over a month minimum (although I think they have eventually given compensation every time)
Basically it may take a long time but I'm confident you'll get the compensation, I think they usually advise contacting them after 2 weeks

Also, if you were travelling straight through from Weston super mare to London, then you were technically delayed on this journey, and could claim compensation on the total cost of these tickets combined. However, if you broke your journey in Bristol this wouldn't be allowed.

XAM2175

Established Member
Basically it may take a long time but I'm confident you'll get the compensation, I think they usually advise contacting them after 2 weeks
Yes, I really wouldn't even waste time thinking about it until at least a fortnight had passed.

Sleepy

Established Member
Think most TOC have automated system for delay repay now, delays seem to occur when any info. is missing or wrong then computer says no so a human has to verify the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.