• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc watson

Has anyone else applied for trainee train driver at Paddington with GWR in March and heard anything more after passing both assessments.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

moorw003

You won't hear anything at the moment. The moment lockdown happened, the training schools closed. They are slowly beginning to get back open with restrictions/distancing, but newly recruited drivers at SWR are being told they won't now start until the new year, I imagine the same is true for other TOCS. It's like a big blockage in the system. You are in the system, but expect many months before any news on interviews takes place.

Marc watson

You won't hear anything at the moment. The moment lockdown happened, the training schools closed. They are slowly beginning to get back open with restrictions/distancing, but newly recruited drivers at SWR are being told they won't now start until the new year, I imagine the same is true for other TOCS. It's like a big blockage in the system. You are in the system, but expect many months before any news on interviews takes place.
Thanks, I was thinking that was probably the case. Hopefully will be offered an assessment day before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.