• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Pullman - Can I Use A First Rail Travel Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Hi all,

Is anybody be able to advise whether I would able to use a First Rail Travel Card (the one with the date boxes) as my "standard class ticket" to upgrade to GWR's Pullman Dining, if there is availability?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Pullperson Dining is open to anyone on Standard or First class tickets. It is not an upgrade, you just pay for the food and drinks you want, and are expected to return to a non-dining coach upon finishing your meal, although in practice if there are no other customers waiting for a seat I have found the staff are willing to let you stay where you are until your journey is finished.

When you say "First Rail Travel Card" is that FirstGroup or First class? Customers with First class can place a reservation online, but Standard class tickets are only valid for walkons.

bkhtele

Treated at a standard class ticket, if availabilty you will be fine, it a great experience well woth doing

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely worth going for all courses as then there is a good chance of being allowed to stay there all the way to Exeter (and maybe beyond), which was my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.