• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Ticket Examiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will19

Hi Guys, I am starting a new job with GWR as a Ticket Examiner in June I’m very excited after working in Luxury Retail and Hotels for a few years and love GWR and was wondering do they work on a variety of routes or are they mostly the same E.g Bristol- Paddington, Bristol - Cardiff e.g

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thedispatcher

I’m no expert but I think you’ll be spending a lot of time on the Severn Beach line…

railwaytrack

Just out of curiosity what is a GWR Ticket Examiner and what does their job entail? I know Scotrail has them but i was unaware GWR had any? Is this just a new name for GWRs RPIs (Revenue Protection Inspectors)? Or are the GWR Ticket Examiners a different job and they are only allowed to check tickets and sell tickets but not allowed to issue Penalty Fares or prosecutions?

Thedispatcher

Just out of curiosity what is a GWR Ticket Examiner and what does their job entail? I know Scotrail has them but i was unaware GWR had any? Is this just a new name for GWRs RPIs (Revenue Protection Inspectors)? Or are the GWR Ticket Examiners a different job and they are only allowed to check tickets and sell tickets but not allowed to issue Penalty Fares or prosecutions?
TEs are primarily to collect fares, not PF or MG11 trained but can issue unpaid fare notices like most conductors can. It’s a different role to RPIs.

railwaytrack

TEs are primarily to collect fares, not PF or MG11 trained but can issue unpaid fare notices like most conductors can. It’s a different role to RPIs.
Many thanks for the information. I had thought it was something like that. I suppose it is a good idea for lines such as the Severn Beach branch where stations are so close together and the Guard will not be able to check and sell tickets to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.